PDA

View Full Version : My System won't boot to Ubuntu

SuperFreak
April 1st, 2015, 07:33 PM
I am unable to boot my system261034 (see attach) to Ubuntu. Also the USB sticks I have tried won't fit the port on the unit.

PLEEZ Help

grahammechanical
April 1st, 2015, 09:58 PM
That is a nice stereo-receiver-amplifier in a wood case but it is no help to us in guessing what is wrong with your computer. Please describe in words what happens and what you see on the computer screen from the moment you switch the computer on until the moment you decide that the system is not going to boot.

Regards.

Elfy
April 1st, 2015, 10:13 PM
Find a blacksmith to shape the usb's so they're about 6mm round - see if that helps.

portalhavoc
April 1st, 2015, 10:46 PM
Is this supposed to be an April Fool's Day joke? :P

SuperFreak
April 1st, 2015, 11:51 PM
just my geezer sense of humour for April 1st

oldfred
April 2nd, 2015, 12:24 AM
Its the wood case that is the main issue. It stops the Ether from propagating correctly.

robsoles
April 2nd, 2015, 12:57 AM
Find a blacksmith to shape the usb's so they're about 6mm round - see if that helps.Sometimes I sort of wish there were like buttons around here - I'd like the 'geezer sense of humor' OP and, in case you can't tell, I'd like the button out of this one too :D

v3.xx
April 2nd, 2015, 02:43 AM
Find a blacksmith to shape the usb's so they're about 6mm round - see if that helps.
Real men use duct-tape.

echotech2
April 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
The caption on the picture says ".....restored" which hints that it may be older. Maybe you need to try a lighter distribution, like Lubuntu.