PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Monitor as Virtual Desktop?

Oliver_Evans
March 30th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Hi all,

So I really like KDE's virtual desktops/activities. I use the two features together. Each of my activities has 4 desktops. It's very useful, but it can get quite complex when I have multiple activities open. It's especially confusing for other people to watch me switch between them. And it can be distracting if I'm projecting my screen or using an external monitor.

So I'm interested in making an external display act like a virtual desktop in one activity. So I could switch between activities and virtual desktops without altering what's being shown on the external display. I searched around for a solution, but I couldn't find anyone who has done exactly this. Does it seem plausible? How would I go about doing it?

Or if somehow I could just move through virtual desktops and activities independently from each monitor, that would be even better!

Thanks in advanced for the help!
Oliver

Oliver_Evans
April 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM
The best that I've come up with so far is to set the applications on one monitor to appear on every desktop, so they don't change when I switch. It's a little less than ideal, though, because you can still see windows from the other monitor flying over them when switching. (Because I have the slide effect enabled)