PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Andorra Weekly Linux Meeting

lib2know
March 29th, 2015, 04:59 PM
This meeting is monthly now. It is the first Monday each month.

Hey all :-)

ever thought of a visit to andorra (http://www.visitandorra.com/en) ?
It is a tiny country between spain and france high up in the pyrenees, well known for tourism (skiing, hiking, climbing), the banks and shopping.

But for any Linux user it might be a nice pilgrimage to visit the monthly Linux meeting (http://www.andfree.org/linux-meeting-andorra/), held every first Monday from 6pm until late.
We hope to see you soon !
lib2know

PaulW2U
March 29th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Hi lib2know,

I've added an item to the upcoming issue of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter which will hopefully give your regular event a little more publicity.

lib2know
March 29th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Hi PaulW2U :-)
Thank you very much !
Unfortunately i made a mistake, the subject should have been:
[Announcement] Andorra Weekly Linux MeetingSo it is not a LinuxMint meeting purely and should be called "Linux Meeting". Can you fix that, please?
Even LinuxMint is somewhat ahead Xubuntu these months, but that might change soon with Ubuntu Phone ;-)

No i'm hoping for new visitors and maybe some contact with other Ubuntu offline user group meetings.
Thanks again!

PaulW2U
March 29th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Hi PaulW2U :-)
Thank you very much !
Unfortunately i made a mistake, the subject should have been:
[Announcement] Andorra Weekly Linux Meeting

So it is not a LinuxMint meeting purely and should be called "Linux Meeting". Can you fix that, please?
Even LinuxMint is somewhat ahead Xubuntu these months, but that might change soon with Ubuntu Phone ;-)

No i'm hoping for new visitors and maybe some contact with other Ubuntu offline user group meetings.
Thanks again!

I actually took the title for the Ubuntu News Letter article from the web-site so didn't actually see that you had included "Mint" in error. ;)

lib2know
March 30th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Great, thank you for your commitment to the entire community and for the help to our group !

PaulW2U
March 30th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Great, thank you for your commitment to the entire community and for the help to our group !

The one area of the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter that currently needs much more coverage is the Local Community News. If you or anyone else wants to promote an event or just give an update on what is happening within their community then we'd love to hear from you.

Our email address can be found here - https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-news-team.

lib2know
April 7th, 2015, 06:33 PM
It needed some time, but finally i examined the new and previous Issue of the newsletter.
A plenty peace of work!
Thanks for mentioning our meeting. Any other meetup information i will send you directly :-)

JoanBaptista
June 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I would like to go this summer, and be in one of the the monday Andorra Linux meeting.

M'agradaria anar-hi aquest estiu, i ser a una de les trobades de Linux dels dilluns a Andorra.

lib2know
December 5th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Recently this meeting is takes place the only first Monday each month.