PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Keyboard won't respond at "unlock encrypted disk" screen

opus1
March 28th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Upgraded from 12.04 to 14.04 by doing a complete re-install from scratch with LVM/encrypted partitions. The USB keyboard works in the BIOS screen and in grub, but as soon as I get to the "Unlock Encrypted Disk" screen, the keyboard doesn't work, rendering the computer useless. If I put in the minimal install cd and go in to rescue mode, the keyboard works. When running the live CD on the system, the keyboard works.

I tried two different keyboards, both USB. I tried using a PS2 adapter on both. In no case can I get the keyboard to respond at the unlock screen.

I looked through the forums for the last hour and a half and couldn't find anyone with the same issue, although I did find a bug report at launchpad that looked like the same problem (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/1066376), but that report says that a fix was released.

I'm desperate to find a solution because this is the family's main computer.

opus1
March 28th, 2015, 06:54 AM
I re-installed again from the minimal install CD (like last time), and this time when it came to "Drivers to include in the initrd", I didn't choose "targeted". That solved the problem for me and I am able to unlock the encrypted disk now.

Vladlenin5000
March 28th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Nice :p

Please use the thread tools to mark this one as solved.

opus1
March 28th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Hmm... I marked it as solved last night. I guess I will try it again.

opus1
March 28th, 2015, 09:49 PM
I just went to mark it as solved, and the only option I have is to mark it "unsolved"? Something doesn't seem right here...

Vladlenin5000
March 30th, 2015, 12:13 AM
It shows SOLVED already. Thank you and happy Ubuntuing.