PDA

View Full Version : PLZ Help with Triple Boot Setup: OSX YOSEMITE + WINDOWS 8.1 Pro + Ubuntu 14.04LTS

aarag013
March 26th, 2015, 11:54 PM
I need help making my triple boot system work... I've been at it for a couple weeks and still cant't completely crack it?!

My Current Setup
300 GB WD3000HLFS-0 Raptor - OSX Yosemite Hackintosh / FAT32 OSX Backup drive (GPT)
1.0 TB WD1000DHTZ Raptor - Data drive / Ubuntu 14.04LTS (MS-DOS)
128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 - Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit (MS-DOS)

Partitioning Schemes:
300 GB HDD
GPT / GUID Partition Table
dev/sdb1 - FAT32 EFI 200 MB (flag = boot)
dev/sdb2 - HFS+J OSX Yosemite 139 GB
dev/sdb3 - HFS+J Recover HD 620 MB
dev/sdb4 - FAT32 OSX Storage 139 GB (flag = msftdata)

1.0 TB HDD
dev/sda3 200 Mb FAT32 198 MB
unallocated 1.0 MB
dev/sda1 extended 146 GB
dev/sda5 EXT4 Ubunut 14.04 LTS 64 GB /root
dev/sda6 linux-swap 16.21 GB /swap
dev/sda7 EXT4 Kali Linux 10 GB
dev/sda8 EXT4 home folder 60 GB /home
dev/sda2 NTFS Storage 843 GB

128 GB SSD (MS-DOS)
dev/sdc Windows 8.1Pro
Works fine

Where I'm at...

I have OSX Yosemite working, Windows 8.1 Pro working, and have been able to boot into Ubuntu from the Chimera bootloader from Multibeast 7, plenty of times...

The issue is that I would love to resolve is how to get the bootloader to recognize that the OS/drive for Ubuntu is a Linux drive and not FAT32...

The only way I am able to boot into Ubuntu successfully from the Chimera Boot Loader is when it's either labeled as FAT32, or when I was able to somehow get the drive to show up as Linux Icon and Read Ubuntu, I broke it by trying to remove the GRUB2 screen.

If someone can enlighten me with a plan of action and partitioning scheme for my 1TB drive so my desired set up will work, I'll be one happy man.

I've been on every Tutorial/Guide/Forum searchable on the mighty google search engine, I was not able to find anyone doing exactly what I want from separate hard drives. I've found a couple of guides where Ubuntu was on the same drive as OSX, in my case it is not because I want the OS's separate and wanted to stay away from a hybrid drive MBR/GPT partitioning scheme. If gptsync is the only solution just let me know or if you need more specifics/info.

Thanks a lot,

Jr.

yancek
March 27th, 2015, 12:16 AM
The issue is that I would love to resolve is how to get the bootloader to recognize that the OS/drive for Ubuntu is a Linux drive and not FAT32...

Why? Which system is your bootloader (Chimera) on, the Mac? I see you have an EFI partition on the drive with the Mac. What is sda3 on the 1TB drive with Linux? Is that a boot partition? Do you have all systems installed using UEFI/GPT? You might try downloading and running the boot repair script and selecting the option to Create a Boot Info Summary. You can post the output here and some members familiar with UEFI/GPT might be able to help.