PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] 30 seconds in first usability issue

cytg
March 22nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
So, 30 seconds into my new 14.10 kubuntu installation, drags & drops the firefox icon on the desktop, fine. Now tries to rearrange said icon.
No go.
Right click, unlock, re-position, something? Nope. nope. nope. nope.
I can delete it and drop it again, in another spot, but that is it.
I can then google this 'issue' and find othters like me and venture down this path of "unlock widgets, press casew nut and then x y z...." - to move a friggin icon on my 30 second old desktop? I am sure i am missing something.. to me it tastes like "microsoft usability" .. whats up? what am I doing wrong? 1 minute and 45 seconds later an I am allready posting questions on ubuntu forums.. and no, i am not retarded or otherwise mentally incapacitated .. I am sure I could get this thing to bend to my will one way or the other .. but should I have to and is it an early indication of hazzles to come? I know that I am using it "wrong" - but common, really?

dino99
March 22nd, 2015, 04:07 PM
i think that 15.04 is way better (lot of work have been made last week)

SeijiSensei
March 22nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
If you cool down the rhetoric, we might be able to help.

I can drag around icons on my Kubuntu 14.04 desktop by hovering over the item then placing the mouse pointer in the empty space above the X button in the small panel that appears alongside the icon. What is it that you need beyond that?

bookrt
March 24th, 2015, 09:10 PM
http://askubuntu.com/questions/483560/how-to-move-icons-on-kubuntu

KDE is the hardest to learn of the desktop environments, in my opinion. That said, it is has the most features and it's what I use now. The great thing about open source is that you can try anything for free. If you don't like it, switch back to something you like.