PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Gentoo user...

disposable
October 12th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Just switched from Gentoo, and I have to say, I haven't had this much fun with Linux in a long time. Thanks to the Ubuntu developers, and thanks for the forums!

Mindstab
October 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM
I 'm also a gentoo user. However Ubuntu greatly apeals to me. I;ve already instlaled it on two friend's machines. I'll probably always need gentoo around for a main desktop machine for gaming and development purposes (due to large software support etc), but ubuntu is wounderful for say the laptop i want to one day buy. And its absolutly perfect for me to push on all my friends with miserable virus infested windows installations :)
I'm very happy with ubuntu.
Can't wait for the enxt release with xorg :D

eNiNjA
October 12th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I haven't had this much fun with Linux in a long time.

I'm very happy with ubuntu.

Yes, the most fun I've had in ages...

LongTooth
October 14th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Very clean and crisp. Just what I was looking for. This just might be the "one" I was looking for. I hope it continues for a long time.

renato
October 22nd, 2004, 10:37 AM
My problem with Gentoo was that when I needed a parrticular program right away and had to install it, and this program had, say, 5 or 6 dependencies, it would took ages to portage to downolad, but especially to compile all the stuff:-) With ubuntu everything is available immediately in binary format, and Its great