PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trusty-GNOME Metacity-Get text instead of icons in tabs/toolbars

emarkay
March 14th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Finally working on updating one PC to Trusty.

Have found a few bugs I will report when workarounds confirmed (No right channel on SB Surround, Nvidia multiple monitor positions not saved, Disabling tap-to-click on Logitech wireless keyboard, Kompozer not working) Finally have things mostly the sams as it was in the previous few LTS releases, but one thing I can not seem to find an answer to. The GNOME tabs and toolbars in Gedit, Nautilus, etc. I can not get them back to "text" There used to be a setting desktop>gnome>interface>toolbar_style, and option was icon, both ot text.

I can not find this anywhere. have tried both gconf-editor and dconf, unity-tweak-tool and ubuntu tweak, and some online searches, but no luck (At least I can still get text in LibreOffice!) Any ideas, workarounds?

It is a real issue for me because I can't remember what those tiny pictures represent, and even worse, having to pause and wait for the pop-up to tell me what is is (if there's a pop-up at all!)

v3.xx
March 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM
The GNOME tabs and toolbars in Gedit, Nautilus, etc. I can not get them back to "text" There used to be a setting desktop>gnome>interface>toolbar_style, and option was icon, both ot text.

Its in dconf now.

emarkay
March 22nd, 2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks! Will get back to this later today.