PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I stop the screen from going back and forth?

ross4
February 26th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I'm running Xubuntu. Occasionally when I have several applications running, I suddenly find the screen moving one way as I move the cursort the other. I think it happens when I use Alt-tab to switch between applications so it could be that I am hitting wrong key combination by accident. First, I'd like to know how to stop this. Then, it would be nice to know where I could have gotten the answer without posting the question here.
Regards,
Ross

ajgreeny
February 26th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I don't know what you mean by "the screen moving one way as I move the cursor" so explain more please.

Dennis N
February 26th, 2015, 11:30 PM
I'm running Xubuntu. Occasionally when I have several applications running, I suddenly find the screen moving one way as I move the cursort the other....

You have accidentally activated Xubuntu's desktop zoom feature.

Alt + Mouse-Wheel-Forward will zoom in on the entire desktop.
Alt + Mouse-Wheel-Back will zoom out and stop at normal size.

When in zoomed state, moving the mouse from left edge to right edge of your screen will traverse the entire desktop. As you move the mouse from left to right, the desktop moves from right to left. Similarly for top edge to bottom edge of screen.

Lay off the Alt key when using the mouse wheel and this won't happen.

ross4
February 27th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Bingo! Thank you very much.
Ross

ajgreeny
February 27th, 2015, 10:04 PM
How is this desktop zoom feature set up and configured?

I have searched in the xfce-settings-manager -> Accessibility, and also in window-manager-tweaks but I can find no reference to it at all and I can not get it to work on my ubuntu 14.04.