PDA

View Full Version : Get a Mac! featuring Windows,os X, Linux, Bsd

dabear
July 31st, 2006, 06:15 PM
I dont know if this has been posted before, but this is just freakin' hilarious!

http://www.macspoofs.com/category/spoofs-get-a-mac/

G Morgan
July 31st, 2006, 06:56 PM
Wow so many people with so much time on their hands. Apple are laughing, everyone loves their ads.

fuscia
July 31st, 2006, 07:17 PM
Wow so many people with so much time on their hands. Apple are laughing, everyone loves their ads.

not me. the mac guy is on my top ten list of people to be asterisked when asterisking becomes legal.

BWF89
July 31st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah those things are hilarious. Apple sure knows how to make some good ads.

Just wish their hardware wasn't years behind everyone else in the computer market.

My parents bought the PC we have now a couple years ago. It was a run of the mill PC, nothing fancy, and it came with a 1.2GHz (or something similar) processor and we upgraded it to 512MB of RAM. Fast forward to today and Apple is selling the iMac with an Intel processor that runs at 1.5GHz with 512MB of RAM. What's the point for your average computer use to invest in a Mac (hardware wise) if the computer is going to be only slightly faster and more expensive than the PC they bought years ago?

unconquerable
July 31st, 2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah those things are hilarious. Apple sure knows how to make some good ads.

Just wish their hardware wasn't years behind everyone else in the computer market.

My parents bought the PC we have now a couple years ago. It was a run of the mill PC, nothing fancy, and it came with a 1.2GHz (or something similar) processor and we upgraded it to 512MB of RAM. Fast forward to today and Apple is selling the iMac with an Intel processor that runs at 1.5GHz with 512MB of RAM. What's the point for your average computer use to invest in a Mac (hardware wise) if the computer is going to be only slightly faster and more expensive than the PC they bought years ago?

Your kidding right? It is called a core duo for a reason.

Wow... all I can say is wow.

prizrak
July 31st, 2006, 09:23 PM
BWF,
Clock speeds are fairly irrelevant in modern computers. This one has a Pentium M @ 1.7GHz, it has the same performance as the P4 3.4GHz (the older ones that didn't get numbers yet).

G Morgan
July 31st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Exactly Sempron 3000+ chips actually run at 1800MHZ.