PDA

View Full Version : Constant reboot, won't install.

shannon3
February 19th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone, first time pc builder/ubuntu user here. I ust downloaded the latest version of ubuntu and am trying to install it, but I'm running into issues. It starts to load, there's a purple screen with a keyboard and stick figure at the bottom. If Ipress a key it takes me to the screen to pick a language, then choose temp install, full install, check cd for errrors and check memory requirements. I choose to do the full install it brings up the purple screen with Ubuntu and the 5 dots. After a few minutes (while the cd spins up and is working) the system restarts and starts doing the same thing over and over. I've tried both 64bit and 32 bit. Motherboard is MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ and CPU is AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor.

nerdtron
February 19th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Have you tried check CD for defects option?

Also try using a USB as installing from CD can be slow. And do you have a dedicated graphics card? what model?

shannon3
February 19th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I'll try a USB install. No dedicated graphics card, just built into the cpu.

ajgreeny
February 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
You may also need one or other of the possible boot-options that you can get to from F6 in order to get that AMD graphics to work on a live system.

I haven't had ATI/AMD graphics for a long time, and when I did, mine worked fine with the OS driver ; yours may be different so try the options one by one.