PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing and replacing ttf-fonts in Ubuntu 14.10

ernsttremel
February 18th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Hallo,

in früheren Versionren waren selbsterstellte Fonts im Ordner persönlicherOrdner/.fonts installiert. Dort ist aber der gesuchte Font nicht mehr zu finden.

Wie kann ich also einen Font durch den verbesserten Font ersetzen?

Hello,

in former Ubuntu versions there it was possible to install selfmade ttf-fonts into home/user/.fonts or remove them from there to replace them by newer ttf-font's vesions.

Hoe to do this (installing or replacing) in Ubuntu 14.10?

ajgreeny
February 18th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Does it not work in 14.10 as well as the previous versions? I did not think there had been changes in that arrangement.

Fonts would be more useful to all users if copied into a folder in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ such as /usr/share/fonts/truetype/myfonts which you will have to make yourself with
sudo mkdir /usr/share/fonts/truetype/myfontsthen run
sudo fc-cache -f -v to update the font cache. All fonts in that folder will be available to all users on the computer; those in a user's own ~/.fonts folder will be available only to that user, not any others.

grahammechanical
February 18th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Have you tried right clicking the font and selecting "Open with Font Viewer" and then click Install font? /home does not have a usr directory but there is a /home/.local/share/ directory where a font installed by the user using font viewer will get copied to.

Regards

ernsttremel
February 19th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Have you tried right clicking the font and selecting "Open with Font Viewer" and then click Install font? /home does not have a usr directory but there is a /home/.local/share/ directory where a font installed by the user using font viewer will get copied to.

Regards

Thank you very much!
That's it. There I could find my installed fonts as you described in "right clicking the font and selecting "Open with Font Viewer" and then click Install font"