PDA

View Full Version : [Zorin] Out of the box bandwidth monitor

docdoc2
February 14th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Hello,

I need a simple and graphical(!) tool which records upload and download traffic of my network adapter (usb, umts), because i have only limited traffic provided each month.

All solutions i found so far(bandwidthhd, vnstat,...) require the configuration of countless deamons, web interfaces and more:mad: I just want it to get installed as simple as possible and afterwards running all the time without the need of a terminal or IP configuration.

Help is much appreciated, i am trying for hours now! Thank you!

Computer: Acer Aspire Laptop

vasa1
February 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Hello,

I need a simple and graphical(!) tool which records upload and download traffic of my network adapter (usb, umts), because i have only limited traffic provided each month.

All solutions i found so far(bandwidthhd, vnstat,...) require the configuration of countless deamons, web interfaces and more:mad: I just want it to get installed as simple as possible and afterwards running all the time without the need of a terminal or IP configuration.

Help is much appreciated, i am trying for hours now! Thank you!

Computer: Acer Aspire Laptop
OS: Zorin 9 (pretty much ubuntu 14.04)What is your usage limit? I'm not aware of any simple means to measure monthly usage the way you want. I suggest you get an "unlimited" usage plan even if the speed in lower.

coffeecat
February 14th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Thread moved to Ubuntu/Debian BASED.

Zorin prefix added to thread title.

docdoc2
February 14th, 2015, 12:38 PM
well, i would love to use NTM- Network Traffic Monitor https://ubuntunigeria.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/monitor-your-data-usage-on-ubuntu-easily-using-ntm/

But it does not start, just says: The interface ppp0 is not detected.

Basically i want to get something like NTM or get NTM started.