PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to get back "right click open folder with" 14.10?

hopelessone
February 6th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Googled and googled, closest thing I found is not supported in 14.10 which is frustrating :(

https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/nauty-open

Anyone tell me how I can bring this back in Nautulis? tried Nemo, but don't like the layout

Thanks,

mc4man
February 6th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I've no use for 14.10 but anyone who wants open with back is ok with me. Ck. the ppa in about an hr. or so
(- make sure you update all your currently installed nautilus packages, typically 3 (libnautilus-extension1a, nautilus, nautilus-data

hopelessone
February 10th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Hi :)

Thanks for the add, I'll never install another .10 ubuntu version... this one got me good ;)

I updated software today, and can't install. Am I doing this right?
I ran a sudo apt-get update
then:

blade@unicorn:~$ sudo apt-get install nauty-open
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package nauty-open

mc4man
February 10th, 2015, 04:44 PM
No, that's not going to work -

To add ppa -

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/nauty-open

Then this should suffice

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Or just upgrade manually from your package manager

hopelessone
February 11th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks alot for this mc4man :)

worked a treat.

Typically how often you upgrade Ubuntu? I'm thinking of the .04's only once a year...

Cheers for the help :)

mc4man
February 11th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Typically how often you upgrade Ubuntu? I'm thinking of the .04's only once a year...

Cheers for the help :)
I used to just go directly to the next dev version but as of 14.10 no more. Now the non lts releases are more a point in time than a release & only good for 9 months.
Myself want to stick with unity7 & compiz so will stay on 14.04 until I see what 16.04 is bringing.
(- though I'll have the current dev installed on another drive so I can keep in contact with what's changing & what I want to change & how to do those changes, ect.

hopelessone
February 12th, 2015, 07:35 AM
That's Great, and Thanks again you made my day :)

Catch you 'round,