PDA

View Full Version : See all the open windows in Xubuntu

payam30
January 31st, 2015, 01:09 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if there is any plugins for Xfce, like in Gnome, that shows all the applications windows. like when you hover mouse to the top left of gnome shell you can see all application windows.

Regards

Dennis N
January 31st, 2015, 03:50 AM
Install the "Window Menu" plugin to a panel. Click on the Window Menu's icon to show all windows, click on any one of them to go to it.

Bucky Ball
January 31st, 2015, 04:08 AM
I generally hold down alt and tap the tab key to see what's open. You can move to another open app by tapping the tab key repeatedly (hold shift as well as alt and tap the tab key to move backward).

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but thought I'd throw that in. ;)

payam30
February 1st, 2015, 12:42 AM
I generally hold down alt and tap the tab key to see what's open. You can move to another open app by tapping the tab key repeatedly (hold shift as well as alt and tap the tab key to move backward).

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but thought I'd throw that in. ;)
Thank you bucky Ball.
I do the same at this point. but I like the mouse more than my keyboard. Long time ago i enjoyed that part of gnome shell alot. Any other option would be appritiated,

payam30
February 1st, 2015, 12:45 AM
Install the "Window Menu" plugin to a panel. Click on the Window Menu's icon to show all windows, click on any one of them to go to it.

I meant something like this: Sorry I dont knoe how to reduce the size of this image

Bucky Ball
February 1st, 2015, 03:01 AM
Sorry I dont knoe how to reduce the size of this image

Use 'Adv Reply' or 'Go Advanced' and attach the image with the paperclip icon in the top toolbar there. I have done that last one for you. ;)

payam30
February 13th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Anyone?

ricwtk
May 24th, 2015, 08:55 AM
You can try xfdashboard: http://m.webupd8.org/2014/07/xfdashboard-gnome-shell-like-dashboard-xfce-xubuntu.html

Not the prettiest but it'll work.

Copper Bezel
May 24th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Oh, wow. That's really interesting. I wouldn't have expected that to exist.