PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do you put Ubuntu Touch on an SD card?

Terminal_Bane
January 28th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to run Ubuntu touch on a Raspberry Pi, but I can't find the working iso. Where can I find the version I can boot from an SD card?

MAFoElffen
January 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
This is the how-to article that most Raspberry PI cummunities see to link to:
http://www.engineersgarage.com/embedded/raspberry-pi/how-to-load-ubuntu-on-raspberry-pi

Go to the "Description" tab read the article. Has the instructions and links to the files they used.

When you feel your questions have been answered, please remember to mark this thread as solved.

Terminal_Bane
January 29th, 2015, 01:56 AM
I'm trying to use Ubuntu Touch. Is it available?

QIII
January 29th, 2015, 02:46 AM
Currently, Ubuntu supports ARMv7 onwards and will not work on the Pi's ARMv6 architecure.

Even Bodhi Linux, based on Ubuntu, based their Pi OS on Debian.

The short answer: Ubuntu won't work on the Pi.

MAFoElffen
January 29th, 2015, 03:25 AM
+1.

I followed the links to the download images in that article... and followed it to the Raspberry download site. I got the archive they said they used.. and inside that archive was Debian Wheezy // Not Ubuntu Touch (even though that is what they called it in their article!) They did have more images there, but none were Ubuntu Touch.

M4LFUNCT10N
June 6th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Currently, Ubuntu supports ARMv7 onwards and will not work on the Pi's ARMv6 architecure.

Even Bodhi Linux, based on Ubuntu, based their Pi OS on Debian.

The short answer: Ubuntu won't work on the Pi.

Any updates? The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B uses an ARMv7 quadcore chip. It seems everything for Ubuntu Touch is aimed at devices currently running Android.