PDA

View Full Version : Granny rockin the Ubuntu!

ExMachina
July 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM
My grandma at 65 years old HATES windows. Mostly popups and confusing ness. So, i put ubuntu on her comp she loves it . Solitaire and internet all she needs with gaim for tech support ( aka me)

Desktop has 2 icons.
1: internet
2: soltare

She loves it.
I now get e-mail, ims and rnadom stuff form my grandma. She can use skype and video chating now. I spend 2 month havign her write questions. This making VERY detail *picture books* as she calls them they ahve nothing but picture and a few words.

though i would share this info ^^

andlinux21
July 31st, 2006, 09:55 AM
That is great I had my mom using it for awhile she loves the games but I couldnt configure the dialup using earthlink so I switched her back to windows for now till I can get DSL for her.:(

ExMachina
July 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Solly dial up.. you should poke it with a spork!

Thirsteh
July 31st, 2006, 12:18 PM
If grandmother's are satisfied with the distribution, surely it's "ready for the public", or "ready for the intended audience".

My mother uses Ubuntu as well :)

Dinerty
July 31st, 2006, 12:48 PM
lol gradmas on linux hey, who would have thought it !, very intresting indeed

My sister hasnt hardly touched a comp in her life never mind anything linux based, all she wants is the net and IM client and am considering installing ubuntu and setting that up for her, the system is real old

Hg80
July 31st, 2006, 12:55 PM
nice to see its reaching a wider audience

Lord Illidan
July 31st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Very good. Now get her interested in configuring it..
before you know it, she will be installing gentoo, and boasting about getting halfway through LFS!:D

ExMachina
August 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM
I just see it now.. Garnny hyped up on bawl during all nigth coding spree...

loserboy
August 1st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I just built a comp for my mommy with ubuntu on it, and shes almost 60 but I think I'm gonna give her a desktop somewhat similar to windows.