PDA

View Full Version : Elementary login issue

j-desanto0
January 23rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
Hi.

I recently installed Elementary as a dual boot with Windows 7 in an attempt to save a bunch of files after Windows decided to die and not reload (save successful). However, after an initial great start I've been plagued by problems since. First after the first boot, I would only be allowed into the console after start-up. This was solved by purging the nvidia drivers which has given me back the graphical desktop but has lead to several new problems.

1. Will not let me log in. When I attempt to log in I receive this screen (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3wRGDzbF3LpbXFZcFpxa3NmLU0/view?usp=sharing) very quickly before returning to log-in.
2. When attempting to access the desktop through recovery I get a black screen that eventually starts to beep.
3. When I attempted to reset through root it didn't work.
4. Log-in "e" has been replaced graphical errors.

I am an utter newbie with linux and am quite lost. I can usually fumble my way around the console but in this case I'm lost.

slickymaster
January 23rd, 2015, 12:44 PM
Moved to the Ubuntu/Debian BASED sub-forum

j-desanto0
January 23rd, 2015, 05:57 PM
If this cannot be fixed could anyone explain to me how to wipe Elementary from the system so that I could start from scratch without deleting the pre-existing windows OS