PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installation hp spectre xt pro

jorge4
January 10th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Good day Ubuntu community,

This is my first post, if I am doing something wrong please let me know.

I am new into Ubuntu world (and in this forum as well) and I have one question (I already searched but did not find something similar to my situation).

I have a HP Spectre XT Pro 13-b000 which is a relatively old computer, it had preinstalled windows 7 and I updated to Win 8.1 time ago. I want to switch to Ubuntu through an USB installation. I entered the bios and did some configurations, however my computer never booted the USB:

Changing boot order (to boot first from the USB), Intel Rapid Technology disabled and legacy support mode (CSM) enabled, secure boot is also disabled. When I try this configuration my computer get stuck at "Press Esc key to configure BIOS" never boots and it does not show any error message.
I also tried the same configuration as before, with the difference that this time I enabled UEFI (Disabling legacy support mode), when I try this setup my computer enters in a loop, trying to boot from my USB, but then restarts itself. During the whole process the screen is fully black and does not show any error message.
I also tried another configurations of the BIOS, disabling aspects like virtualization technology, among others, however the results are exactly the same explained before

My USB was created correctly, I can say because I installed Ubuntu in my second computer with it and have no error during in the whole process.

Thanks in advance for your help