PDA

View Full Version : KDE Application Appearance (setting) crash on new accounts

Brandon_MacEachern
January 9th, 2015, 06:46 PM
I tried to join Kubuntu's own forum for this but sadly can't, server problem on the captcha, so no dice, and haven't been even able to reach their admins, because it needs the captcha.

Anyway, on a brand NEW account, going to Settings, Application Appearance, clicking the font tab on the left, then GTK, results in an immediate crash on the settings application. Is anyone else seeing this? I only just installed Kubuntu fresh last week, haven't installed too much, but if needed, I have an entire list of what was installed. Nothing was a utility to modify fonts or GTK stuff that's for sure.

Also, user manager is aweful slow, keeps using 100% just by moving the mouse around that app. Ideas on that too by any chance?

vinnywright
January 11th, 2015, 10:10 PM
No I do not see this @hear ,,,,,,,,, I will assume you have Kubuntu 14.04 ? yes/no

can you adjust settings if you do not click straight from font to GTK ?

after install did you
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

to get every thing up to date ?

some more specks on your system may help as well

PS the admin's @Kubuntuforums.net are working on the captcha prob as I type .

VINNY

Brandon_MacEachern
January 12th, 2015, 12:46 AM
No I do not see this @hear ,,,,,,,,, I will assume you have Kubuntu 14.04 ? yes/no

can you adjust settings if you do not click straight from font to GTK ?

after install did you
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

to get every thing up to date ?

some more specks on your system may help as well

PS the admin's @Kubuntuforums.net are working on the captcha prob as I type .

VINNY
Sorry about that, I thought I posted the specs.

Ubuntu 14.10, Intel i7 CPU (mobile), clocked at up to 2.9GHz, 4 cores with 8 threads. 8GB RAM. It is fully up to date.