PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with Gnome?

salmichaels
January 7th, 2015, 07:27 PM
For some reason I've been unable to access preferences or make any adjustemtns to the task bars in gnoma flashback. I'm not sure what happened. I attached a screen shot of what happens when I click on them: 259084

You see it just has that selection and "always on top" is the only thing I can choose, and that doesn't even do anything.

deadflowr
January 7th, 2015, 08:51 PM
What keybindings did you try.
I thought you needed to do alt+rightclick, or super+rightclick, or ctrl+rightclick to access the panel controls...

salmichaels
January 7th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Right, that's what I've always done, and the only thing that comes up now is that's in that screen shot. It's bazzah...

deadflowr
January 7th, 2015, 09:28 PM
It's also not super+alt+rightclick?

salmichaels
January 8th, 2015, 04:37 AM
I'm doing the same thing I've always done, and all it does is what I show you in the screen shot. Everything else is dandy, but I can't adjust any of these bars.

CantankRus
January 8th, 2015, 09:52 PM
The key is super+alt+rightclick.
Are you in the compiz or metacity fallback session?

echo $DESKTOP_SESSION

salmichaels
January 9th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Wait a second, you're right. The key is super+alt+rightclick.

But why???????????? Last week it was just alt right click.

This is so, so, so annoying.

I can also say that the alt + tab setting I had to toggle through windows? gone.

I haven't changed anything. I might have authorized an update (they come in every other day) and that did it, but again, WHY?????

deadflowr
January 9th, 2015, 09:03 PM
alt+rightclick = metacity's way
alt+super+rightclick = compiz's way.

kansasnoob
January 11th, 2015, 03:31 AM
alt+rightclick = metacity's way
alt+super+rightclick = compiz's way.

+1! There are two flashback sessions available, Flashback with the Metacity window manager and Flashback with the Compiz window manager:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2184682&page=27&p=12929682#post12929682

They perform in quite different manners.