PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Screensaver locks me out after upgrade from Xubuntu 13.10 to 14.04.1

Nutria
January 5th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Hi,

I checked Screensaver Preferences (XScreenSaver 5.15), and "Lock Screen After" is unchecked. Similarly, Light Locker Settings (which I just discovered) has "Automatically lock the session" set to Never, and "Lock on suspend" set OFF.

Is there some other clicky button settings screen that I'm not looking at?

Thanks,
Ron

ajgreeny
January 5th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Take a look in Power-manager ->Extended tab; It may be your monitor settings that are locking the screen.

Nutria
January 5th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Take a look in Power-manager ->Extended tab; It may be your monitor settings that are locking the screen.

I would, but "half" of my Settings icons have disappeared (see attachment). After logging back in, most windows had a brownish grey appearance, and font in things like xfce4-terminal and X-Nethack were wrong. After fiddling with various appearance related settings (changing them and then putting them right back where they were) and logging out/back in, my theme was back where I like it. But... half of my settings had disappeared. :(

ajgreeny
January 5th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Have you rebooted as well as logged out and back in again?

I presume you will have tried that but if not do so now and try again. If that does not help I think maybe your upgrade to 14.04 did not go as well as it could and should have done. As you say, there are many items missing from your settings-manager window.

Nutria
January 5th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Have you rebooted as well as logged out and back in again?

After the Trusty upgrade, but not after fiddling with my own settings.

I presume you will have tried that but if not do so now and try again.

No. Rebooting as the ultimate solution to all tough computer problems is one of the reasons that I left Windows...

If that does not help I think maybe your upgrade to 14.04 did not go as well as it could and should have done.

You'd think they'd have figured it out after 8 months...

As you say, there are many items missing from your settings-manager window.

The worst part is that they were there when I first logged in to the newly-upgraded Trusty. :confused: