PDA

View Full Version : Disable Secure Boot for Asus M11BB with Bios Version 2.10.1208

Shaina
January 4th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone!

I was given an Asus desktop with Windows 8.1 on it for the holidays and naturally I need to delete this operating system and get ubuntu 14.04 installed. I have created a windows 8.1 recovery disk in case it is ever needed and have been following online instructions for disabling secure boot and fast boot but I am running into an issue. The bios setup is different from the ones I have been reading about and looking at images of. I can disable fast boot but the secure boot setting is set to enabled and grayed out so I cannot change it. The bios version is 2.10.1208. Has anyone had any luck disabling secure boot in this bios version before?

Thank you!

Dennis N
January 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Ubuntu is made to install and boot with secure boot enabled. You should be able to leave it enabled.

Shaina
January 4th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I am not seeing the CD/DVD drive listed in the boot priority menu currently.

Dennis N
January 4th, 2015, 11:40 PM
You have a bootable Ubuntu DVD installer in the drive when you boot up? Otherwise it would not show up. On my Asus, I press F8 at it's boot splash (that says Asus on it) and the little menu pops up with the boot options. But I always use USB sticks to install nowadays. Are you able to try that method?