PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba P75-A7200 touchpad

Tazdrummer
January 1st, 2015, 08:51 PM
I've used Mint for a while and with an upcoming new hard drive upgrade, I'm exploring other distros.... especially distros that I might be able to get the dang touchpad working on my laptop.

I've tried suggestions from the Mint forum to no avail. Since I'm reexploring the route of Ubuntu (or even Backbox), I was wondering if anyone's had any luck getting the touchpad to work on the P75-A7200.

Thanks in advance!

mörgæs
January 2nd, 2015, 03:51 PM
Which versions of Ubuntu have you tried?

Tazdrummer
January 3rd, 2015, 12:32 AM
I've been running on Linux Mint 14 for a while.

I thought I tried an Ubuntu disc shortly after I got my laptop and the touchpad worked. This is just early recon to see if someone with the same model has been able to get the touchpad to work under Ubuntu.

mörgæs
January 3rd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Mint 14 is out of support and should not be used. I suggest that you try Buntu 14.10 in a live boot.

Tazdrummer
January 3rd, 2015, 02:38 PM
Mint 14 is out of support and should not be used. I suggest that you try Buntu 14.10 in a live boot.

My apologies.

It's actually Mint 17.1 that I've been using. (Upgraded to 17.1 recently from 17)

mörgæs
January 5th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Good, but still it would be interesting to see how the latest Buntus (14.10 or even better 15.04 development) behave in a live boot.

Tazdrummer
January 12th, 2015, 03:17 AM
I switched from Mint 17.1 to Ubuntu 14.04.1... half by choice, half by impatience of figuring out what I was doing wrong on Mint's manual partitioning install attempt I did.

I didn't want to like Unity, and I'm kind of "ok" with it for now.

My touchpad still don't work. But, I may get a trackball or remote mouse for when I am giving a presentation (17 inch fat bottom laptop don't leave too much room on a podium for a mouse).

I'm will to give 14.10 or 15.x a try when available. I expect it's a "Linux thing" that the touchpad can be detected but won't work.