PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Overview mode

tamir2
December 27th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Can I make a "overview mode," the name of each window, for example in Nautilus, would always show, not only for the transition to the desired window. The rest is left as it is - when you go to the window title is slightly increased, and it is highlighted, perhaps it is necessary to consider the allocation of the selected window, for example, to increase its illumination.
So it would be easier to navigate not only the image, which can be nearly identical in several windows, but also in parallel by location / name of application windows.
I think the idea increases the convenience and comfort of using the system ... the details of the implementation can certainly think.

Example attached.

ajgreeny
December 27th, 2014, 10:16 PM
I don't use unity which you show in your example screenshot, but surely what you want is just a function that shows up a lot better in some themes than others, and unfortunately I have no idea how you change themes in unity.

tamir2
December 27th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Yes, I also think that the idea attractive. Unfortunately I do not have knowledge that helped me to realize such an option in Unity. The problem most likely lies deeper. "overview mode" like based on Gnome 3. Therefore most likely need to write Gnome developers about the idea. Perhaps necessary to make a competent report in English on launchpad. But since my English and knowledge of the system is very low, then I have written here. Maybe someone will undertake to bring the idea to developers ..

tamir2
December 28th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Created a bug report. If there is good advice that you need to add or edit then write in the topic. And, of course, support it by vote).

Link on bug report - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1406085

CantankRus
December 28th, 2014, 09:47 PM
You can use the scale addons plugin which will be available in ccsm
after you install the compiz-plugins package.
Your bug report is still valid though as compiz-plugins is not officially supported
and could stop working as compiz develops.

tamir2
December 28th, 2014, 10:25 PM
CantankRus,
Thank you, something very similar to what I wanted. My version of the truth somewhat more elegant). In any case, as noted, the bug report is valid, because the unity will be overwritten on QT and compiz no longer be supported. I hope that the developers will pay attention to such an option.

tamir2
December 29th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Scale addons plugin does not work on Ubuntu 14.04? Not working for me.

CantankRus
December 29th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Enable the "Text" plugin in the image loading category.

tamir2
December 29th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thank you for it!