PDA

View Full Version : HP stream 11

derek28
December 26th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I got one of these https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=hp+stream+11.6+laptop&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001.

I have been trying to install Ubuntu and Lubuntu on this thing. I saw a video on Youtube in which someone was using the larger version of this laptop to boot Chromium and then Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, the one I really wanted to use. Has anyone had or heard of a successful install on one of these machines?

I was able to boot Ubuntu and Lubuntu, I made sure my keyboard and track pad were working, tried using a mouse. Whenever I try to click an icon for a program nothing happens at all, so I can't do anything let alone install. Once, today, on Lubuntu I clicked the file manager a bunch of times and about 15 minutes later all the windows popped up. It's brand new, out of the box. Why would this be happening? I'm using a PNY USB 2.0.

Any help or insight appreciated.

egeezer
December 26th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Why your Try Without Installing runs so very slowly I don't know, but installed versions invariably run much faster than trials from either CD/DVD or USB. So if you want to do the installation, boot from the USB and make the Install choice immediately. That too may be slow from the USB, but it is not an accurate measure of how the installed version will run.