PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I not request a response to this invitation in Evolution calendar

mpc755
December 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM
When I create a calendar all day event in Evolution via EWS the event is sent out to the attendees requesting a response. In my office we use all day events for PTOs and I would prefer people not to feel it necessary to respond to the all day event.

In the Exchange browser client there is a "Request a response to this invitation" check-box that I de-select.

Is there anything similar in Evolution calendar?

Evolution 3.12.7
Kubuntu 14.10

Thanks.

bapoumba
December 20th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Not using evolution. Found this in an online manual, may be not what you are looking for :

If you don't need to collect attendance information when you're scheduling an event, and would rather just announce the event, right-click the meeting and select Forward as iCalendar. This opens a new e-mail message with the event notification attached as an announcement. Recipients can add the event to their calendars with one click, but it won't automatically send you e-mail about whether they plan to attend.
http://www.novell.com/documentation/evolution/evolution/data/usage-calendar-apts.html#usage-calendar-rsvp

mpc755
December 20th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

bapoumba
December 20th, 2014, 11:03 PM
If it does work as you expect, please mark your thread as solved (under Thread Tools), thanks !