PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lock icons on Ubuntu Launcher

tamir2
December 14th, 2014, 09:31 PM
From one version to wait for the introduction of chips in the "Lock icons on Launcher" - and its still no. Often application icons in the left panel and strive to capture with the mouse and dragged to this panel itself. It would seem a trifle, but it do not. What is the reason? And planned something like that?

deadflowr
December 14th, 2014, 11:15 PM
What?

It's hard to understand, I'm guessing that english is not your primary language.
Perhaps post what behavior you see and what behavior you want to see in the simplest possible way.

And also, what do you mean by chips?

grahammechanical
December 15th, 2014, 05:05 AM
I am able to drag application icons from the Dash to the launcher and they stay in the Launcher and are locked to the Launcher. I am also able to open an application and its icon will appear in the Launcher and if I right click the icon I can select Lock to Launcher.

tamir2
December 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
True, the English I speak bad .. here's a video where the situation is shown graphically - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-avMNlEQ1k&feature=youtu.be
In it I open "Shutter", lock the icon on the launcher, but then I can move it to anywhere in the launcher. And this is a good feature. But if I have identified the exact location of this icon, then I do not need that it can be moved to any location. Need a feature lock location on the launcher. I hope I am now more clearly explained.

P.S. chips - Convenient function...

sorry for the bad english