PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] System tray

tamir2
December 14th, 2014, 05:42 PM
So, in the system tray (or according to a new term "Status Menu") have different indicators. So, when you click on any one of them a menu appears with the settings and additional items. Further, you are out for the rest of the mouse applets (switch layout, calendar, network management), these menus automatically open, although I did not activate (sometimes prevents to get the desired 2-3 poke the wrong place). Question - how to make a drop down menu upon activation of any indicator in the "tray" Do not open automatically when you accidentally hover over them with the mouse? That is the only drop-down menu by clicking the mouse. Or give a link to info, please.
OS - Ubuntu 14.04|Unity

mc4man
December 14th, 2014, 05:59 PM
How it works here -
If mousing over the indicators no menus drop down
If clicking on an indicator it's menu drop downs, moving the cursor left or right while staying in the panel will drop down the other app's menus when cursor is over them.
Removing cursor from panel resets, then mousing over again doesn't cause a drop down until an indicator is clicked.

If this is what you see then that's the design & expected behavior.

tamir2
December 14th, 2014, 06:17 PM
In other words, change or customize this behavior is not possible?

mc4man
December 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
In other words, change or customize this behavior is not possible?
No, not possible. I can't think of any basis to say the design is wrong
(- and in Ubuntu (unity) Design is King

grahammechanical
December 14th, 2014, 09:03 PM
We can also use a keyboard shortcut. Tap Alt+F10 and then use the right/left arrow keys to move through the app indicators to the right and left. Tap Esc to release the action.

Regards.

tamir2
December 14th, 2014, 09:22 PM
grahammechanical (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1087323), thank you, I basically work on a habit to use hotkeys :).