PDA

View Full Version : Driver keeps disappearing

Yippee38
December 13th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I'm running Mythbuntu 14.04. I've got a Ceton InfiniTV card in it, and I'm using it for MythTV. Generally, it works fine. However, once in a while, when I get updates to Mythbuntu and have to restart the system, the driver for the card will, apparently, disappear. I can tell because I try to watch TV through MythTV and I get an error about the tuner card. I then run "ifconfig -a" and I see the loopback and the NIC, but not the Ceton InfiniTV card. It normally should show up as a network interface. At that point, I try "sudo modprobe ctn91xx", but it tells me the ctn91xx does not exist. At that point, I have to re-install the drivers to get it working again.

You probably guessed by reading this, that I'm not a linux expert. I don't know much about reading log files and interpreting what I see in them. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for what is going on with this driver, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Can anybody offer any advice and how to go about figuring out what is going on?

Yippee38
February 12th, 2015, 04:00 AM
This is driving me crazy. Can anybody offer any suggestions on what I can look into to fix this problem?