PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gnome 3.12 right click menu

riyasmp2
December 12th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Hi Guys

I am using ubuntu 14.04 LTS (fresh install) and gnome 3.12 installed through ppa. On my gnome session i am missing "change my desktop background" option on right click menu list. Also my print screen button is not working any more. this happenend since i upgrded the gnome version through ppa.I tried o google with no much of help. can guide me in the right direction.

regards and thanks in advance.

Frogs Hair
December 12th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hello and Welcome

Install the Gnome Tweak Tool if not already and navigate to the desktop tab to enable the desktop icon setting. This allows the file manager to handle the desktop and should give you a working context menu. It is not necessary to check the boxes for desktop icons unless you want them to appear on the desktop.

riyasmp2
December 13th, 2014, 05:51 PM
thanks a lot for the reply.

I have the gnome tool installed and able to change the desktop wallpaper that way. on earlier versions I was able to right clik on the desktop and the menu list had "change the desktop background" option listed which is missing on 3.12 which i installed through PPA. Also the print screen button on key board is not working. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Frogs Hair
December 13th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Is desktop icons enabled ? It should also enable the context/right click menu.

riyasmp2
December 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM
thanks frogs hair. just figured out that the genome daemon settings was broken in synaptics. re installed it and things are up and running again. it sorted out both issues. don know why it happenend when upgraded gnome through the ppa. ;)