PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Lubuntu does not appear in boot menu despite correct installation

aflat00n
December 11th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Hi! I used unetbootin to load lubuntu iso from hd and installed. everything went okay and lubuntu installed correctly buy when rebooted, there was no entry of lubuntu in boot menu, only windows xp and unetbootin. is there any way to to add lubuntu boot entry manually in windows xp?
Regards

ajgreeny
December 11th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Did you install within a running Windows XP system using wubi?

I am confused when you say you get a menu with a choice of Win-XP and unetbootin.
Is that a grub menu or a Windows startup menu of some kind?
I don't know wubi at all and you may find it difficult to get much support for its use here on the forum as it is no longer officially supported.

aflat00n
December 12th, 2014, 04:58 AM
I didn't use wubi but I guess unetbootin also works in same way. The bot menu that I am talking about is the one that appears right after company logo when you turn the computer on. I don't if it is called GRUB or something else but it is the menu that allows me to choose which os to boot from.

ajgreeny
December 12th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I didn't use wubi but I guess unetbootin also works in same way. The boot menu that I am talking about is the one that appears right after company logo when you turn the computer on. I don't if it is called GRUB or something else but it is the menu that allows me to choose which os to boot from.
This is a new situation for me, I'm afraid. I have used unetbootin before to get a ubuntu iso image on to a flash drive and installed from the live OS on that flash drive, but I've never seen unetbootin appear in a grub menu after rebooting.

I have never installed from an image file on a hard drive, unless I've misunderstood what you mean by that; I always download the iso files to my hard disk the "burn" them to a flash drive with unetbootin, and finally install the OS to hard drive by booting to the flash drive.

What happens if you choose unetbootin from that boot menu?
Have you removed the USB drive from the machine?