PDA

View Full Version : Secondary keyboard

Tristan_Williams
December 9th, 2014, 05:51 AM
I'm looking for a keyboard, but not a normal one, with letters, numbers, F1-12, and all the other normal stuff.

I'm looking for a secondary one, that has symbols, such as subscripts and superscripts, maybe some extra keys that are used in most OSs but aren't found on most keyboards (volume, for instance)

mastablasta
December 9th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I'm looking for a secondary one, that has symbols, such as subscripts and superscripts, maybe some extra keys that are used in most OSs but aren't found on most keyboards (volume, for instance)

what? you can get those using short cuts. why would you need an extra keyboard for subscripts and superscripts. for example in lIbre office Ctrl+Shift+P and Ctrl+Shift+B. https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Shortcut_Keys_for_Writer

you could also get a normal keyboard add some stickers on it setup shortcuts on keys... you know the geeky way.

anyway on th etopic of keyboards I just got myself a Measy 12 RC. this thing is good. and small... and it says on box - Linux compatible. well it's got to be since it's ment for those android TV devices and various XBMC /Kodi boxes

grahammechanical
December 9th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I have seen keyboards with an extra row of buttons for volume control, and music app controls. As well as buttons to launch the web browser and email client. I had one myself and it worked until some of the keys stopped working and I replaced it with a boring standard keyboard.

It certainly is possible to have two USB keyboards working at the same time. I have done that as well. But it seemed a lot of extra effort to grab another keyboard just to control RhythmBox when Ubuntu has an app indicator that lets us do just that with the mouse.

Regards.

Linuxratty
December 10th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I know someone who has an extra keyboard plugged into her laptop. It's really not a bad idea.

bashiergui
December 11th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Would be useful in these situations ;)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ