PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Best ways to get new themes?

user1397
December 7th, 2014, 05:02 AM
I'm on kubuntu 14.04 and I still have yet to find my ideal theme. I currently reverted back to default.

What's the ideal place to look for new themes? Just inside the settings where all those "get new decorations/themes" buttons are?

Also, is there a way to change the entire theme all at once instead of specific parts at a time? For example, when I go to Settings > Workspace Appearance, I see tabs for window decorations, cursor themes, desktop themes, and splash screen. If I change the desktop theme to say, Oxygen (black), then my panel and kickoff menu become black, but my windows stay silver (regular Oxygen theme).

I think my ideal right now would be a dark oxygen-esque overall theme, with the panel being quite transparent (but not fully transparent). Anyone know the easiest way to achieve this setup?

flaymond
December 7th, 2014, 06:21 AM
I don't use Kubuntu. But, you can check here if you wanna get a new theme. Kubuntu and others flavors is based on Ubuntu. Most everything that suite Ubuntu is suitable with others.

Kubuntu themes - http://kubuntu-art.org/

marco-parillo
December 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I like Oxygen myself (with their yellow cursor theme), but if you need themes for Plasma 4, there are plenty here: http://kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=9

vasa1
December 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Also, is there a way to change the entire theme all at once instead of specific parts at a time? For example, when I go to Settings > Workspace Appearance, I see tabs for window decorations, cursor themes, desktop themes, and splash screen. If I change the desktop theme to say, Oxygen (black), then my panel and kickoff menu become black, but my windows stay silver (regular Oxygen theme).
I don't use Kubuntu but I don't think what you want is possible. Each of the components is independent of the other and I think that's a good thing because users get the flexibility to pick and choose.

buzzingrobot
December 7th, 2014, 02:36 PM
The primary site for KDE themes seems to be kde-look.org. I think the built-in facility in Settings pulls from there.

I believe a simpler all-in-one approach to changing themes is on KDE's todo list, but it isn't available today.