PDA

View Full Version : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600: "The system is running in low graphics mode"

dontstopmenow
December 6th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Hi eveybody, it's my first post!
I'm sorry for my english, i'm italian so please forgive my mistakes...
my notebook is toshiba satellite a200-289 and i've just upgraded ubuntu to version 14.10, but when it reboot it starts when ...the system is running in low graphics mode and i do not know hoe to fix it. please consider that i'm an absolute beginner so ​answer me in the most simple way. thanks in advance

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600, 128MB dedicati

Mark Phelps
December 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Some folks might tell you to install the AMD drivers, but AMD dropped driver support for your card last summer; so, forcing an install of AMD drivers now is only going to corrupt your display.

What might work is adding either xforcevesa or nomodeset to your kernel boot parameters: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

dontstopmenow
December 16th, 2014, 11:14 AM
mmh sorry i do not know how to do, i need to be follow step by step, im a very beginner.
i also have a message from terminal NAK bailout for several times, i've read somewhere that it's a problem of the version of ubuntu during installation

Mark Phelps
December 16th, 2014, 07:04 PM
i need to be follow step by step, im a very beginner.

Right ... and the step-by-step actions are listed in the link.

You need to read through them, especially the part about setting the options temporarily in an already installed OS.