PDA

View Full Version : [Elementary] [NEED HELP ASAP]Crashing Programs and dpkg is faulty

Imran_Askri
November 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hey. I have been having some problems with my Elementary OS Luna. It used to work fine before but I don't know what's wrong now. Every time I open a application it closes as soon as it opens or dose not open at all. I've been trying to update, reinstall and reset the desktop and unity without loosing data to see if that fixes the problem but I would revive this error after every process "dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.". After I do that command, I get more freaking errors! .—.

Please help =\

Imran_Askri
November 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Oh sorry, I'm new here. Is think this is the wrong section of the forum?

mörgæs
November 30th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Correct, now moved.

If you want help you need to post the exact error messages in CODE tags.

Imran_Askri
November 30th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I'm new to Linux to so I might of got something wrong here. I want reinstall the desktop because it might fix the problems I have with my programs and the dpkg files so I gave the command "sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop". Then it told me "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.". So I do that exact command it told me to do. After that it runs through a few process (I can't copy all of them here because I can only open a terminal from ctrl+alt+f1 and I'm using a different device atm because as I mentioned before programs, will crash) from all the process there where 2 errors that it gave me which read the same thing "subprocess installed post-installation script was killed by signal (segmentation fault) , core dumped".

Note: This does not only happen when I try to reinstall the desktop, it also happens with "sudo apt-get update" I think it happens with all apt-get commands?

Imran_Askri
November 30th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I just found out that I can't reset Unity because Elementary OS uses Pantheon as it's desktop environment. I'm going to try alternate methods. Still, does anyone have a answer to my post above?

Imran_Askri
December 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Someone pleeeeaaase help me

'subprocess installed post-installation script was killed by signal (segmentation fault) ,core dumped'

Is my problem and I need a solution.

Imran_Askri
December 7th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Still waiting someone please HELP ME :(

Elfy
December 7th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately this isn't actually an official support venue for Elementary.

http://elementaryos.org/support/live

try there

Imran_Askri
December 7th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I have tried this already before I came here, can you recommend me another forum that can help me with the issue?