PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu 14.10 new features?

Ubi_one_2014
November 28th, 2014, 05:10 PM
What new features has version 14.10??

using currently 14.04 64bits LTS version

sorry, but i starting to mis innovation in Ubunutu , read Linux

Ubi_one_2014
November 28th, 2014, 06:19 PM
and how do i obtain pidgin 2.10.11 as a debian package?

Sorry, this distro is not cappable to offer latest updates of many packages

always the same story, stick on one version, and a next Ubuntu version will supply latest package

currently i receive some vague updates of libreoffice, what i received yesterday too

Impavidus
November 28th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I don't know about packages specific to Kubuntu, but I don't think the changes are spectacular. Some more recent versions of most software. I heard the new release of LibreOffice is potentially interesting, but of course, you can also get that using a PPA.

If you don't think the Ubuntu repositories offer recent enough versions of most packages, you'll have to move to a more bleeding edge (but less stable) distro. If you think the software is too old only occasionally, try to fix it with PPAs. Or more difficult ways, if you really wish and no PPAs are available.

Ubi_one_2014
November 28th, 2014, 09:44 PM
kindly respect and thankfull for your answer

like i said, i encounter virtually no innovation or whatssoever in Ubuntu ( Linux in general )
distro's are not comming wit cutting edge features that windows has not

there is reaaly no cloud integration / support with any mailservice or whatever cloud storage server like onedrive ( formerly known as skydrive)
by default in KDE/Gnome.

so therfor i consider to go back to windows ( 10 )
again, Linux in general does not offer cutting edge features with every new distro

kde looks like the same as agges ago, without reasonable new features

Ubi_one_2014
November 29th, 2014, 04:05 PM
migrated to opensuse 13.2

goodbye