PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Zimbra Desktop Installation Shows Error

Varun_C
November 22nd, 2014, 01:52 PM
Using the Zimbra Desktop Version 2.0.1
The following error is appearing.

The missing file zdclient is available in the given path. Still the error appears.
Please help.

Press "Enter" to launch Zimbra Desktop; Press "Ctrl-c" to exit:
sh: 1: /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient: not found

Thanks.

nerdtron
November 22nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
What is the the permissions of the file?

ls -lah /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient

Varun_C
February 5th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Now the error is appearing like this

varun@VC-Ubuntu:~/Desktop/zdesktop_7_2_5_ga_b12038_linux_i686$ /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/user-install.pl
------------------------------
Choose the folder where you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's user data files, full path please [/home/varun/zdesktop]:

------------------------------
Choose the folder where you would like to create desktop icon [/home/varun/Desktop]:

Installing user data files...done
Initializing user data...done
Creating desktop icon...done
Zimbra Desktop has been installed successfully for user varun.

You can start Zimbra Desktop by double-clicking the desktop icon or by running the following command:
"/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient" -webapp "/home/varun/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp" -override "/home/varun/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/override.ini" -profile "/home/varun/zdesktop/profile"

Press "Enter" to launch Zimbra Desktop; Press "Ctrl-c" to exit:
varun@VC-Ubuntu:~/Desktop/zdesktop_7_2_5_ga_b12038_linux_i686$ Couldn't load XPCOM.

Thanks ..
Please help

MAFoElffen
February 5th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Please explain how you are trying to run the install script...

@ nerdtron-- If they are getting that error, a script has permission to execute, enough to tell them them forgot all the arguments when it was kicked off. I'm thinking if they just tried to double click on it, instead of from a terminal... If so, please help explain to them with a CLI terminal session with adding an argument of a directory name in their personal home folder.

Varun_C
February 9th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I was following the procedures provided by Zimbra.

Thanks..