PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] CompizConfig Settings Manager

sami-mattila
November 19th, 2014, 01:46 PM
For some reason I can set "Expo" to work without mouse click but not the "Scale".
Why is that and how can I fix it?

Sam

mc4man
November 19th, 2014, 04:15 PM
While maybe someone will come along who knows what you're referring to you may want to be a little more verbose.
What does "to work without mouse click" mean?, ie. work how (keyboard binding, edge binding, whatever..

monkeybrain20122
November 19th, 2014, 10:56 PM
I think he means hot corners.

sami-mattila
November 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Give the man a cigar :) @monkeybrain20122

mc4man
November 20th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I think he means hot corners.

Well that works fine here for the 2 available initiates (window picker & window picker for all windows)
The initiate for picker for window group has been broken for several years & can only be done via dbus/command

I seem to remember you've had some hc issues so maybe you both are in same ballpark...

deadflowr
November 20th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Now does it not work when you toggle it, or does it not work after you set it and login?
(Like somethings monkeybrain has(is?) fought with)

Unfortunately, I have no clue as to which version of Ubuntu...
I know it works fine for 12.04 and 14.04.
I don't have a regular Ubuntu 14.10 installed anywhere.
(only Kubuntu 14.10, which does not help in this case)

monkeybrain20122
November 21st, 2014, 02:45 AM
See if this helps (not really a fix, but a workaround which seems works well enough)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2251650&p=13166747#post13166747

sami-mattila
November 21st, 2014, 11:50 AM
For the moment upgrade does nothing for me since the Scale config still insist on the mouse click at the end. If I try to manually remove the <button1> from the end then the entire line resets.

mc4man
November 21st, 2014, 03:27 PM
For the moment upgrade does nothing for me since the Scale config still insist on the mouse click at the end. If I try to manually remove the <button1> from the end then the entire line resets.
Button is for mouse, edge is for hot corner(s), example screen for initiate window picker on bottom right

monkeybrain20122
November 21st, 2014, 03:46 PM

Did you try using the script to reset the corner on login?

Hi, Mc4man,

I noticed the colour of the theme in your screenshot. I updated with your trusty-proposed ppa and got the same dull brownish instead of orange colour, downgraded the ubuntu-theme package and it was back to normal. Is it a bug?

mc4man
November 21st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Did you try using the script to reset the corner on login?

Hi, Mc4man,

I noticed the colour of the theme in your screenshot. I updated with your trusty-proposed ppa and got the same dull brownish instead of orange colour, downgraded the ubuntu-theme package and it was back to normal. Is it a bug?
No - that's what I want as fits my background. (onscreen & in life). Didn't imagine anyone else would use...

Some of the other packages there are also quite specific -
unity is set for rotate so the expo icon will work on a 1x4 setting
compiz is patched to allow window picker for window group thru ctrl+alt+z
nautilus has a boatload of personal patches.

(-I've moved both unity & compiz to the latest here, (https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/temp-for-diff2) but again contain personal changes, maybe I'll do generic builds if there is any interest in latest of both for 14.04...

monkeybrain20122
November 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
No - that's what I want as fits my background. (onscreen & in life). Didn't imagine anyone else would use...

Some of the other packages there are also quite specific -
unity is set for rotate so the expo icon will work on a 1x4 setting
compiz is patched to allow window picker for window group thru ctrl+alt+z
nautilus has a boatload of personal patches.

(-I've moved both unity & compiz to the latest here, (https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/temp-for-diff2) but again contain personal changes, maybe I'll do generic builds if there is any interest in latest of both for 14.04...

I see. I was updating some packages to see if they solve my problems such as show workplaces doesn't unexpose on click on unity > 7.20, but I have purged the ppa since.