PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can I downgrade my Lubuntu 14.10 to 14.04 LTS?

flaymond
November 19th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Seriously, I got a lot of bugs on the latest release of Lubuntu Utopic Unicorn. I seen that Lubuntu 14.04 is much better than 14.10. It's more stable (for me) and fast without critical bugs. So, is there anyway to downgrade it to Lubuntu 14.04 LTS? I want install the newest version (15.04 or something?) but not the 14.10 (It so buggy than Windows 7). Also, what the difference between the Ubuntu version (Utopic,Trusty Tahr,precise pangolin,).....

Impavidus
November 19th, 2014, 01:36 PM
There is no simple way of downgrading. You have to backup your files and do a fresh install.

15.04 is the development version. Don't use it on a production system, only install it if you like testing.

vasa1
November 19th, 2014, 02:04 PM
...what the difference between the Ubuntu version (Utopic,Trusty Tahr,precise pangolin,).....
That's a bit like asking what's the difference between Windows 96, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc. Each release comes with its own release notes to answer that question. For example, the release notes for 14.10 are here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UtopicUnicorn/ReleaseNotes