PDA

View Full Version : invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/lxc not found

krupier
November 16th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Hello,

I wanted to experiment with LXC and installed it (v.1.1.0~alpha2-0ubuntu3 ) on my Utopic. I got this very error: invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/lxc not found and I wonder if I should file a bug report on Launchpad or there is something with my installation. I checked Launchpad and it seems such bug was already reported some time ago.

Later I went through the install scripts and I don't see how /etc/init.d/lxc is created - is there any helper used on the process? So I decided to check how it was before & downloaded the previous version of the package (1.0.6-0ubuntu0.1), checked the scripts and there also don't see how the startup file (/etc/init.d/lxc) gets created. That's why I write here instead of Launchpad. Any ideas?

krupier
November 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM
It seems the problem was with packages database. I have removed all my mirror files (which is all info about Ubuntu paskages) from /var/lib/apt/lists/ and after updating it, all was configured correctly. There's still no sign of /etc/init.d/lxc on the filesystem but no complains from invoke-rc.d. I wonder what can cause such data inconsistency. Can someone explain, please? Thank you.