PDA

View Full Version : Installation from INSIDE Android

ipselute
November 13th, 2014, 05:53 PM
One question bothering me for weeks: How to dump Ubuntu to USB disk/stick from INSIDE Android???
Let's say i'm a young hipster from south-east Asia (India, China, whatever) and i don't have a big load of money. But i have my one-year old super-uber Android phone and i just bought my first notebook/chromebook. All my friends have Androids, yet none of them got any notebook yet, so i got no friend to help me dumping Ubuntu to USB from a desktop OS. But i have so many Androids at hand i already lost count of it.
I surely can download Ubuntu to my phone but i don't know how to dump it to USB stick via OTG (ON-THE-GO) cable. Can anyone help me with this, please!!!!!
I know there are so many people just like me, especially in developing countries in South America, Africa and Asia.

ipselute
November 13th, 2014, 06:37 PM
OK, i sadly found out that my crappy phone doesn't actually support OTG cable/module. Not even with specialized rooted apps! That's why i have a small additional question: How to dump Ubuntu image to external sd card, in order to take it to my laptop's card reader?