PDA

View Full Version : Convert HDTI to DVI to VGA

Chelidze
November 13th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I know this might sound strange but I need to convert HDMI signal to Dvi and then to connect it to Vga So is it possible to do such a task ?? Please help

If you can provide hardware examples it will be great as well

Thank you.

here is a solution

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2372399/convert-hdti-dvi-vga.html#14576517

TheFu
November 13th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Conversion from HDMI to any other output can be problematic. It depends on the source, whether HDCP is involved and whether it is legal where you are located. For example, if you live in Hong Kong, it seems that anything goes and you can strip HDCP off for both the audio and video and do whatever you like with the signals.

OTOH, in other parts of the world removing HDCP is often illegal and not easily, legally, performed.

Of course, the video output may not have HDCP so it is just a converter .... I own a HDMI to VGA converter that was purchased on Amazon for $29. It works, doesn't need any external power. It does not support audio and I have to manually tell the GPU what resolution/frame rate to output. It does work. It was reviewed well.

Don't know anything about DVI. Sorry.

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
November 13th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Converting HDMI to DVI is a simple process (a simple cable/plug adapter can do this), they are very much alike, however dvi does not support sound so you will need to use your 3.5mm audio jack for sound, now going to vga is much more of a pain and requires a converter box with will create a latency that may put your audio out of sync, unless audio runs through the converter to sync it

HermanAB
November 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Look for a company called Blackmagic. They have widgets that can convert anything to anything.

Chelidze
November 13th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Thank you every one for the reply

ukripper
November 24th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Just curious, what is the use case here for this solution?