PDA

View Full Version : Gnome 3 top bar / Status tray icons. Remove symbolic, make color.

TyrantUT
November 10th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I recently upgraded to Gnome 3.14.1 and managed to delete a few theme symbolic icon packs. What I saw was hi colored and detailed icons on the top bar (not counting Top Bar extension for legacy icons) and status tray. Even the Places menu (Using extension) had detailed icons. Problem with this, is all the icons for Menu, Windows Max, Min, Close, and a bunch of others were generic icons. I went through and modified the Places js file to use some colored icons instead, but for some reason only a few would display. Not really an issue, just a side note. So to get all the icons back, I reinstalled the needed symbolic icon packs and everything went back to black and white.

My question is, how can I / we modify the top bar / Places / Status tray (Top right menu w/ networking and such) to NOT use symbolic icons? The black and white icons are indeed informative, but in no way pretty. Where are the js files (if they are js) stored which determine which icons to be used here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.