PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Every VT switch makes me reconfigure screen settings and layout

OidaWappler
November 8th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Hi Forum, recently installed 14.10 (I do come from other distributions - so I do not know if that is 14.10 related) on my DUAL SCREEN configuration. A smaller main screen Samsung and a bigger Benq which I usually turn of to save some energy ... whenever I turn the big screen on, a TV switch is detected and the Display is turned off (unchecked "Use this output"). So I need to turn it on manually, accept the new configuration, adjust the "forgotten" screen layout, apply. Most annoying - all windows which had been on the Big screen are moved on the smaller one during that procedure. Turning on "Configure new displays when connected" makes it even worse. http://tinypic.com/r/x6li1g/8 I do understand the feature of detecting a new screen but I would like to disable this for this specific display (or at all if n.a. per screen). Ignore-EDID came to my mind, but haven't tried it since I could not find the location of the xorg.conf Xorg.log attached! Thanks 257819