PDA

View Full Version : Find, Programming/IT Consultants, to help, *Develope a Business Plan*.

mikodo
October 31st, 2014, 01:35 AM
1st. I did try to find the best place to post this. If it belongs somewhere else, please move it mods.

I am interested in a start-up company, that I might be able to start upon superannuation, (I'll have some money and time then). I am not in this part of the business now.

I just came from my accountants' offices, after discussing this business plan, that I have had percolating in my mind, for some time. It would involve programming a service for data collection from staff in the field, that is *highly medically and research sensitive*. It is done now, with forms being filled out and being mailed to company headquarters, for processing.

Basically, I think that with spreadsheets, for data automatically being entered by apps on disposable smart phones, that are programmed to delete upon sending by encryption to cloud storage by the workers in the field, would be more expeditious and cost effective. This should be part of the competitive edge, I am looking for. I already know the process, that is used now by companies out of Toronto and New York. I have friends, that work in the field.

*Where would one start looking for IT/Programming Consultants, that would help with the, *IT/Programming instigation of a Business Plan*. My accountant went to great length in explaining the need for trustworthy consultants, (including a story, how a business plan one person had, which was stolen by the consultants). How would I know ...

As per usual, this post is probably just me, brainstorming. But, if anyone has any ideas to share, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Irihapeti
October 31st, 2014, 01:39 AM
Since it's not a request for help with a technical problem, moved to The Cafe.

mikodo
October 31st, 2014, 02:02 AM
Since it's not a request for help with a technical problem, moved to The Cafe.
Thank you.

ian-weisser
October 31st, 2014, 03:59 AM
My experience is in non-IT-related businesses.

It may be fruitful to look for partners interested in bringing complimentary skills to the effort. Marketing, sales, technical, management, and financial are all quite different skills. Few can do them all well. A partner or two with complementary skills will also make the business plan much easier to write, cost less than a consultant, and stick around longer than a consultant.

mikodo
October 31st, 2014, 04:19 AM
My experience is in non-IT-related businesses.

It may be fruitful to look for partners interested in bringing complimentary skills to the effort. Marketing, sales, technical, management, and financial are all quite different skills. Few can do them all well. A partner or two with complementary skills will also make the business plan much easier to write, cost less than a consultant, and stick around longer than a consultant.
Thanks, Ian.

Something to consider.

I need to investigate the Canadian resources on business start ups, (they have an office in town here), and I can pose the suggestions to the people there, about partnerships too!

Habitual
October 31st, 2014, 04:56 PM
We (http://www.cirrhus9.com/cirrhus9-services/qualification-validation) do IT with a focus on BioMed/Pharma

mikodo
October 31st, 2014, 09:15 PM
We (http://www.cirrhus9.com/cirrhus9-services/qualification-validation) do IT with a focus on BioMed/Pharma
Thank you.

I'm glad I asked, here.

dataformsaction
October 31st, 2014, 09:29 PM
Not sure where you're based, but if you're just looking for some people to help with the
development side of things, where you can work closely with them, then maybe it's worth talking to
your local Government Small Business Enterprise Centre. Very often they have people with the skill set you're looking for,
but are looking for their first customers. They can often be helpful in bringing you together.

mikodo
October 31st, 2014, 10:23 PM
Not sure where you're based, but if you're just looking for some people to help with the
development side of things, where you can work closely with them, then maybe it's worth talking to
your local Government Small Business Enterprise Centre. Very often they have people with the skill set you're looking for,
but are looking for their first customers. They can often be helpful in bringing you together.
Thank you.

This (http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/page/centre/sgc-47/) is what is available in Canada, with an office in my town.