PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Want to go back from Xubuntu to Ubuntu

phtlsmedic1
October 30th, 2014, 05:18 PM
My Ubuntu recently had problems so I had to reboot. I selected reboot in safe mode and was given choices to install several desktops including Xubuntu. I decided to try Xubuntu and have been unable to retrieve/activate the menu bar at the top of the screen which means I cannot access applications or firefox readily. I would really like to go back to ubuntu, does anyone know how I can get the OS to stop loading Xubuntu and load ubuntu? The grub says the ubuntu desktop is installed, I just don't know how to activate it.

Thanks!

matt_symes
October 30th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Hi

Can you not select Ubuntu from the LightDM login screen ?

Kind regards

egeezer
November 1st, 2014, 03:06 AM
Check the top bar of the login screen before you actually log in: there should be a way to select which desktop to use. It might be a small icon on the right-hand side which will give you a drop-down menu when you click on it.

Bucky Ball
November 1st, 2014, 03:19 AM
Or you could try to fix the issue in Xfce4. Right click on the desktop>Settings>Panel and have a look in there to see if there is anything amiss (switch off autohide, that could be playing up).

You can also add the top panel there with the + sign. Maybe you don't have any panels added.