PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: ability to modify thread title to reflect a problem resolution [Resolved]

F Junk
September 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Guys,

I tried to edit a post of mine, to add a [Solved] in the title.

That shows indeed when clicking on the thread itself, but not in the list of topics.

(see Absolute beginner talk / from Hoary to Breezy)

Any thought on that? Is there anything else I should do?

F

XDevHald
September 29th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Guys,

I tried to edit a post of mine, to add a [Solved] in the title.

That shows indeed when clicking on the thread itself, but not in the list of topics.

(see Absolute beginner talk / from Hoary to Breezy)

Any thought on that? Is there anything else I should do?

F
You CAN edit the topic in the post, but not the topic of when someone is viewing it from the forums. Someone from staff would need to do this for it to be fully changed.

bored2k
September 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
As Steve stated, you can contact a moderator, tell us your reason and we could edit it for you. We are trying to avoid situations were users would get mad, blank out their messages and leave everyone lost.

robenroute
October 15th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Hi there!

Could we have some kind of feature to mark problems and/or requests that have been solved as "solved"? Have a look over at the MepisLovers forums (www.mepislovers.org). There's a green tag that's applied to solved issues and a red tag to requests. Another approach could be to have 2 separate sub-forums: "open" and "solved" issues.

Sifting through solved problems (to find a solution to a similar problem) would be much easier this way. Personally, I would like to see 2 sub-forums.

Any feedback much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

aysiu
October 15th, 2005, 05:53 AM
I've suggested something like this to the other moderators and staff. The response seems to be positive. We're not sure how we're going to implement it yet or who's going to be in charge of it. In the meantime, I've been trying to mark a few threads as "Solved" when I notice the OP say something like "Thanks. That fixed it," or "I got it," or "It's working now."

robenroute
October 15th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Perhaps we could leave the tagging ("solved") to the thread starter. All the moderators would have to do (not even that, because a simple script could do that), is move the solved ones to the solved-bin (sorry, the "solved" sub-forum).

Rob

aysiu
October 15th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Perhaps we could leave the tagging ("solved") to the thread starter. All the moderators would have to do (not even that, because a simple script could do that), is move the solved ones to the solved-bin (sorry, the "solved" sub-forum).

Rob I think that would work some of the time, but a lot of newer forum members (who also may be the most likely to have questions) may not know to change it to solved once it's been solved. Maybe some combination of thread starters and moderators--I don't know. Well, keep posting ideas to this thread. Staff will also continue to discuss implementation. I'm a rather new moderator myself, so I don't really know all the issues and obstacles to implementation of this idea.

panickedthumb
October 17th, 2005, 02:18 AM
There shouldn't be many obstacles. It was implemented a few months ago, it was just removed (if I recall correctly) because it wasn't used and had a few glitches. It just needs to be popularized.

rkelly
November 19th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Is it possible for a thread starter to change the threadtitle?
For instance to mark it as solved...

mlomker
November 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Is it possible for a thread starter to change the threadtitle?
For instance to mark it as solved...

No, but that suggestion has been posed before. You can edit your post and state that it is solved.

rkelly
November 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I did change the title of the first posting in the thread, but that does not show up in the threadlist.

mlomker
November 20th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I did change the title of the first posting in the thread, but that does not show up in the threadlist.

Yes, exactly. I had tried to do that before I was a mod and had the same results.

A couple of people have asked for some sort of flag that will indicate that it has been resolved, other than changing the title. It's up to the Admins to decide what they want to add to the board software, though.

aysiu
November 20th, 2005, 06:39 PM
If you PM a mod, she or he will probably change it for you. I've had that request before and honored it, for example, when someone misspelled Ubuntu and wanted it spelled correctly.

earobinson
November 20th, 2005, 06:42 PM
If you PM a mod, she or he will probably change it for you. I've had that request before and honored it, for example, when someone misspelled Ubuntu and wanted it spelled correctly.
You may end up getting a lot of pms if you advertise this

aysiu
November 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM
You may end up getting a lot of pms if you advertise this I already get a lot of PMs. I ignore the ones that aren't legitimate. If someone has a genuine gripe or request, I take action--that's what a mod is supposed to do. If it's a crap request, I don't even write back to say "This is a crap request." I just ignore it.

earobinson
November 21st, 2005, 03:25 PM
True

well keep up the good work then aysiu :)

politicaldog
December 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
I hate to leave threads hanging!

Rick

Robgould
December 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
Go back to your thread and hit the edit button. Then just change the title.

politicaldog
December 2nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
I did but it only changed it on my first thread?:confused:

Rick

Robgould
December 2nd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, you would have to edit every one individally to change them all. I don't know how to close a whole thread. I think you need a moderator to do that. Usually though, if your first post is the one that started the thread, adding a line to that post will alert people right away as the first post is the one that shows on the listings. If your post is not the one that started the thread, then you should not mark it complete.

aysiu
December 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
Right now, I'm going in and marking threads solved as I see them solved.

There should be an option (easily recognizable) for the original post-er to mark her own thread as solved, though. When this gets implemented... who knows?

politicaldog
December 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks Aysiu,

I thought maybe I was going blind..lol

Rick

schilcha
January 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Have to warm up this thread a little...

I hate to leave threads hanging!
Yes!

But furthermore, I hate to read threads (old threads) that have a couple of replies, but no final answer from the thread-starter. What I mean is some final remark, like "I did what you told me and it worked" or "I did what you told me, it didn't work. I'm bying a Mac" or maybe "what you told me is crap, here's what I did -- that worked".

I would like to see gentle pressure on the user starting the thread to somehow close a thread or better to transform it to a general discussion, so the thread is not dead after all (like this one).

I remember that ebay (haven't used it for quite a while) tells you what to do next with your transactions (e.g. next step is rating the deal). I imagine that having something like this in the "my threads" section... like "This thread has not been solved/not-fixed/whatever, if the discussion is finished, give your final comment".

Are there any plans on thread-marking / finishing?

ghee22
January 10th, 2006, 10:11 PM
But furthermore, I hate to read threads (old threads) that have a couple of replies, but no final answer from the thread-starter. What I mean is some final remark, like "I did what you told me and it worked" or "I did what you told me, it didn't work. I'm bying a Mac" or maybe "what you told me is crap, here's what I did -- that worked".

I have the same problem. My solution to this is in the following topic: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=115428

please post there to generate interest in this specific solution. if don't have interest in a specific solution, our efforts will be spread too thin.

tell me what u think over there!

earobinson
January 11th, 2006, 05:24 PM
this problem has come up over and over, no real way to solve it without extra programing.

schilcha
January 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
It's a pain there's no free lunch.

nuttycat
February 12th, 2006, 04:09 PM
This thread seems to have been open for over 4 weeks!
Has someone come up with a solution? I'd like to finalize / close /'mark resolved' my threads too...

I have a suggestion , how about a "closed" option rather than "solved" - in some cases, the problem may not be solved, so the original poster may decide to simply abandon the whole thing.. in that case a "closed" option may be better?

Regards,
Nuttycat

frodon
February 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
you're already able to close your thread if you wish using the Thread Tools tab.

But indeed i think it would be a good idea to be able to mark your own thread as solved.

earobinson
February 13th, 2006, 03:26 PM
you're already able to close your thread if you wish using the Thread Tools tab.

But indeed i think it would be a good idea to be able to mark your own thread as solved.
im not sure that normal users can close there threads team members seem to have a couple of extra features.

confirm/deny?

bonzodog
February 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
earobinson: I can do this but only on threads I opened. See if you can find a thread YOU started, and then go in to thread tools at the top, and see if you have an admin tools option in it.

earobinson
February 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
bonzodog I know that team members can what I was woundering about is if non team members could.

also if you want a thread moved/closed and are not a team member just contact a mod they are always very helpfull when it comes to this.

hanzj
February 24th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Hi,
I'd like to incorporate a thing into the forums which will allow the Starter of a Thread to mark it as unresolved. Why am I asking for this? Well, just because a thread's old, or has many replies, doesn't make it resolved.
Then the smart Ubuntu Users who love to help can maybe search via "Unresolved". To the thread starter, the thread may just as well be called "unanswered"
What do you guys think of this?
:-({|=

earobinson
February 24th, 2006, 04:47 PM
this has been asked for many times, the only thing we can do right now is when your post is solved edit the origina post and make a comment in the title and the op that it has been solved.

Why cant we have a flag it takes lots of extra programing. Im sure when the staff can they will add this feature but they have many things on the table that they are trying to solve.

megahertza
April 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I've been on some support forums where you can mark threads you have created with [resolved] on them. When you question is problem is solved you mark the thread. That way pll don't waste there time on a resloved problem and pll looking for a anwser would find it easier to choose witch thread to choose.

I don't believe this forum as a feature like this but i think it would make a good improvement

earobinson
April 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM
This has come up over and over and over, If you can provide the code to implement the feature contact and admin, other wise we will not be getting it.

megahertza
April 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Could i get some information on the code behind the forum, such as. Is it a custom forum or is it like phpbb. If its like PHPbb forum then i might be able to create a custom mod for it.

hopstah
July 29th, 2006, 05:58 AM
First I need to say that I think the forums as a whole needs to try and post the resolution to problems. I have run into too many threads where the thread starter makes a final post saying something like "nevermind, i figured it out myself" while not saying what it was that fixed the problem so that others could benefit.

That being said, I think changing thread titles to reflect a problem resolution could be very helpful. I mean the thread titles when browsing a forum, not just the title that is displayed within the thread. Additions such as "**fixed**" or "(solution found)" could be added to the thread title, assuming, of course, that the thread starter posts what it was that fixed the problem for him/her.

what do you all think?

GStubbs43
July 29th, 2006, 06:51 AM
This has been mentioned a few times and nothing has ever happened. I can't remember exactly why though...

__________________________________________________ __________
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=165241&highlight=solved
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=189413&highlight=solved
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=141398&highlight=solved
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=98037&highlight=solved
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=57981&highlight=solved
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=76350&highlight=solved

EDIT: Added links ;)

matthew
July 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I think this is a great idea. We have discussed it a number of times and all of us on staff like the concept. We haven't yet found a way we can implement it with our limited time resources. When one of us notice a situation like you mentioned we try to modify the title with a "[solved]" or something similar, but there isn't a concerted effort behind doing that. The main thing holding us back is time, not desire.

We will keep trying to find a workable solution for this as we think what you are suggesting would be valuable.

Lord Illidan
July 29th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I think this is a great idea. We have discussed it a number of times and all of us on staff like the concept. We haven't yet found a way we can implement it with our limited time resources. When one of us notice a situation like you mentioned we try to modify the title with a "[solved]" or something similar, but there isn't a concerted effort behind doing that. The main thing holding us back is time, not desire.

We will keep trying to find a workable solution for this as we think what you are suggesting would be valuable.

Then could you give some of that power, like rewording titles etc, to certain members, perhaps those with a certain beancount, or who have been a long time on the forum (so as not to be abused by newbs or spammers)?

That way, we ease the pressure off you mods, and leave you free to handle other more important tasks.

matthew
July 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Then could you give some of that power, like rewording titles etc, to certain members, perhaps those with a certain beancount, or who have been a long time on the forum (so as not to be abused by newbs or spammers)?

That way, we ease the pressure off you mods, and leave you free to handle other more important tasks.That's not a bad idea. I'll bring it to the attention of staff and admins and we'll talk about it.

aysiu
July 29th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'd be perfectly willing to be a thread retitler (could we make it so that inappropriate titles like "Help. I'm a noooooob!!!!" can also be retitled?).

I don't want to be a mod again, but just the ability to fix a few titles would not be such a bad thing.

T700
July 29th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I'm happy to volunteer some time, if needed.

Paul

matthew
July 29th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Hi, Guys! Thanks for volunteering. For the idea to work some hacks will have to be done on the forum software. ubuntu-geek is looking into the feasibility of doing that. If it is possible we will let you know. In the meanwhile, staff and admins can change thread titles anywhere, feel free to report posts with a note that the title change is needed and why and we can try to keep up with those as time permits. Also, thread starters are capable of changing the titles of their own threads.

Lord Illidan
July 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'll be glad to just be a retitler too, a full blown mod is too much responsibility for me, as I still have school to attend too.

MaximB
July 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I have an idea
why don't all (well , all who can) the thread starters would change the titles to fixed or solved ?

what sould we write "fixed" or "solved" or...?

Lord Illidan
July 29th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I have an idea
why don't all (well , all who can) the thread starters would change the titles to fixed or solved ?

but the way - what should we write "fixed" or "solved" or.. ?

Fixed, solved, whatever..just as long as it is comprehensible...i think.

Still, a thread being fixed doesn't mean it's closed, I hope...

matthew
July 29th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Still, a thread being fixed doesn't mean it's closed, I hope...That is correct.

BTW, it doesn't matter whether you use [fixed] or [solved] or something else. As long as it makes sense in the context.

MaximB
July 29th, 2006, 10:31 PM
ok.
I'll work on my threads in the next few days...

MaximB
July 30th, 2006, 07:41 PM
good news my friends
I've finally managed to change all my relevant thread titles !
but there is a minor problem
if you search my threads - you will still see the original thread title
I've managed to change only the inside title.
is there a way to change it properly ?
or only moderators can ?

by the way - there are still some "unfixed" threads that I've started.
they have long to be forgotten

matthew
July 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
good news my friends
or only moderators can ?

by the way - there are still some "unfixed" threads that I've started.
they have long to be forgottenFirst off, thank you! That's a lot of work.

We're looking into it, but it seems that only mods and admins can change the thread titles...hmm..

Lord Illidan
July 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
First off, thank you! That's a lot of work.

We're looking into it, but it seems that only mods and admins can change the thread titles...hmm..

I'm not sure but in PHBB one could give certain members mod priveledges like this... is there something similar in VBulletin?

Otherwise recruit some more staff...

matthew
July 30th, 2006, 10:51 PM
or only moderators can ?UPDATE: This is what we have been told. When someone reading this who is not staff gets a chance to test it please post here so we can confirm that it works. Thanks!

"If the user is on the thread list page, they can double click next to the subject of their post and it will become editable."

Note: I have tested this and you have to do it just to the side of your thread title in the list. If you click on the words you will open the thread.

MaximB
July 31st, 2006, 07:14 PM
maybe I'm clicking it wrong...but it didn't work for me.

hellmet
July 31st, 2006, 07:45 PM
does not work..
or am i not doing it right??
how abt. screen shots as to where i've to click

matthew
July 31st, 2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback...ubuntu-geek is looking into the issue further.

hopstah
August 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM
heck, since i brought this issue to light, and it seems to be well-recieved, i would love to have the priveledge of being a thread re-titler as well! :)

dvarsam
August 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
heck, since i brought this issue to light, and it seems to be well-recieved, i would love to have the priveledge of being a thread re-titler as well! :)

1. Modifying a "Thread's Title" has been an issue since a long time & nothing has been done about it!!!

2. Specifying whether a "Thread" case has been "Solved" or not has also been discussed before, but Nobody cares to do something about all these nice things discussed here...

Thanks.

P.S.> One of the things I would expect from "Moderators" is to feed all those nice ideas (brought by users), to the Programmers, but this is not really done at all!!!

panickedthumb
August 1st, 2006, 09:38 PM
1. Modifying a "Thread's Title" has been an issue since a long time & nothing has been done about it!!!

2. Specifying whether a "Thread" case has been "Solved" or not has also been discussed before, but Nobody cares to do something about all these nice things discussed here...

Thanks.

P.S.> One of the things I would expect from "Moderators" is to feed all those nice ideas (brought by users), to the Programmers, but this is not really done at all!!!
1) that's because of limitations in the software that we're trying to figure out.

2) it was in place before but we're looking for a way to do it so that it doesn't get wiped out every time we upgrade the forums software.

this is a great place to discuss ideas, but the developers don't really hang around here, and moderators are not meant to feed ideas to the programmers. There are official venues for that, and there are notices in the forums about where to suggest ideas to the developers. This has been hashed out time and time again.

richbarna
August 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
I am pleased "as a thread title campaigner" myself, that usable suggestions are coming forward. I think that the idea of having part-time thread retitlers is excellent. Maybe the OP could be sent a diplomatic PM after the thread has been retitled?, otherwise they may not notice and continue with the "help I'm a n00b" posts.

MaximB
August 4th, 2006, 10:55 AM
look at this forum :
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php

there you can change titles and even delete your thread.
should we consider using there "engine" ???

Lord Illidan
August 4th, 2006, 10:57 AM
The admins have already stated that they want to remain with vBulletin. Personally, I think it would be too much of a hassle to move this gigantic forum to another engine.

hopstah
August 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM
i know it's possible, and frankly i'm surprised that it's not a part of vbulletin already. the forums offtopic.com run on vbulletin, and you can change the thread title once there, which i assume is to allow for correcting spelling but to prevent people from abusing the ability.

stormblue
August 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
As I'm helping people on the forums what would be Ideal would be the following:

1. The ability for someone to click a button that would then append "solved" to the end or begining of their title. They would also be asked to type in where/how they fixed the problem. For example, one might type "I followed the instructions found in the thread" or "I used this guide" just something short would work unless they fixed themselves then they'd have to type something longer.

2. The ability for me to see threads that I've replied to in the forum. So as I'm browsing the forums, I see an icon that lets me know I've said something and I can follow up with more advice or help if the problem isn't resolved. Often times I am simply asking questions just to get a feel for what the user is trying to do and/or if they are using gnome/kde, wireless card or certain outputs of commands, router make/model. All things that I need to know before I can really help them.

aysiu
August 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
2. The ability for me to see threads that I've replied to in the forum. You should already have the ability to do this. That's what one of those many icons next to the threads indicate. Also, if you go to your User CP, you can see your subscribed threads.

I think the default behavior is that any thread you post to you automatically subscribe to.

editrix
August 8th, 2006, 05:27 AM
As I'm helping people on the forums what would be Ideal would be the following:

1. The ability for someone to click a button that would then append "solved" to the end or begining of their title.

May I suggest adding a "solved" icon to the set of icons at the bottom of the box where you type in your post or reply? Most of the icons there now are fairly meaningless. We could use a better set, like KDE, Gnome, Laptop, etc--that would be an easy way for people to skip threads that look relevant by title, but not by actual subject.

I can't change the title by clicking. I'm assuming "thread list" means the first page you see when you go to a forum. (Although I tried this in the actual thread, too.)

Steven_B
August 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM
First, thanks to all of the forum staff and moderators. Sorry if this has already been adressed already, or is just stupid.
The "unanswered posts" search is very helpful, but it tends to mean that only unanswered threads get viewed and answered. If the first reply doesn't help, the issue is commonly not fixed.
Would it be possible to add an "issue/resolved" option? If someone is having a problem with some part of Ubuntu, they could mark it as an "issue". If the issue is solved, they could then un-mark it. The thread could have multiple people marking it as an issue, and only those people (and the moderators) could un-mark it.
Does this make sense, and do others think this would be helpful?

ubuntu-geek
August 21st, 2006, 09:30 PM
We plan to have a button todo this at some point in the future.

dbd
October 21st, 2006, 10:55 AM
I have a suggestion for the support forums: it'd be great if a person thought they had solved the problem of the user who started the thread then they could mark the thread as solved, so that other people looking through the forums trying to solve people's could filter these threads where the problem has already been solved.

Of course the original poster (or perhaps anyone else?) could change this and mark the thread to show that help was still needed (and this needs to be as simple as possible so as not to confuse those completely new to the forums).

I think it would be a great help in the support forums, but not sure how easy to implement it would be.

nyinge
October 21st, 2006, 11:00 AM
That would in fact be very useful. I've seen some users append the word "solved" at the end of the subject line, and I've always thought that it's neat. Of course, an option such as a check box would be ideal.

PriceChild
October 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM
That would in fact be very useful. I've seen some users append the word "solved" at the end of the subject line, and I've always thought that it's neat. Of course, an option such as a check box would be ideal.That's the mods doing that ;) You can't change subjects once posted.

I know that me and aysiu have pledged to change threads titles to whenever seen, and it has been discussed with the staff team so i'm sure they all do too.

Pricey

GStubbs43
October 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Is it possible to just let users rename their own threads? Sometimes there is a typo in the title that they want to fix, but it only changes the first post title. Also, they could change it to solved themselves, those who don't, the mod's could do theirs. It would help the mods a lot I think.

P.S. This topic as been discussed a lot if you search the forum feedback section for "solved"

maniacmusician
October 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM
I second the users being able to rename their threads. Unless there's a negative consequence I'm not thinking of, it seems to be a good idea for them to help out and ease the load.

opticyclic
November 7th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Speak to the guys at VBForums and ask them how they implemented the "Resolved" feature in a vBulletin addin hack.
http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=432401

This basically adds a tick to the thread image and the text [RESOLVED] to the thread title.
e.g. http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=435138
This makes it much easier when you are searching to find threads that have solutions.

ReaderRat
November 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Is there any way for the original thread poster to add "RESOLVED" to posts with solutions? I have often wondered about this.

aysiu
November 7th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Right now, it's up to moderators to do this.

I'm trying my best to mark threads as solved when I see them.

frodon
November 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
As we explained in other posts it's more a vBulletin limitation than a rule we set.
Indeed for the moment we can't let a user mofify a thread title without giving him mod rights due to the vBulletin software. So for the moment there's no technical solution to this question, i think we have to wait for the next releases of vBulletin to get this feature.

opticyclic
November 7th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Like I mentioned, the guys at VBForums implemented a hack for this.

Interestingly though, even without the hack, the owner of a thread at VBForums can modify the thread title without mod rights.

vBulletin was originally written for VBForums by some of the people over there so maybe they have an advantage.

I know lots of people over there use Ubuntu, so they would probably provide the code if you asked...

ubuntu-geek
November 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I quick put something together today we'll call it alpha version1 of this project, because its a little crude :)

To use it:

Edit the first post in the thread you created.
Goto advanced mode
Check the option if its resolved
Save

It will then update on the showthread page as:
subject line - [RESOLVED]

To mark unresolved follow the same steps but check the option that it is unresolved. This will remove the [RESOLVED] text flag.

encompass
November 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I would be nice if people marked solved threads as [SOLVED] on the first line of their original post. That way we can all skill the unfinished ones... and try to find one that is able to really help us.
I know that half finished threads do help a little. But I would rather use solved ones first.
This isn't the first time something like this has been requested. But this is a simple way for everyone to standardize something a little more.
Thanks.

PriceChild
November 14th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Users can add the [SOLVED] tag to the title of their own thread by advanced editing the original post... Mods are trying to do so also.

is this what you mean?

aysiu
November 14th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I would be nice if people marked solved threads as [SOLVED] on the first line of their original post. That way we can all skill the unfinished ones... and try to find one that is able to really help us.
I know that half finished threads do help a little. But I would rather use solved ones first.
This isn't the first time something like this has been requested. But this is a simple way for everyone to standardize something a little more.
Thanks.
I agree with you, encompass--this should be a Sticky.

PriceChild is right, though; the functionality is already there.

earobinson
November 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Not to be anal or anything but it would be even better if we could edit the tags to mark them resolved

PriceChild
November 16th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Not to be anal or anything but it would be even better if we could edit the tags to mark them resolvedThe original poster can!

If he thinks his issue has been resolved, then he clicks the edit icon, then "go advanced". He then checks the checkbox at the top.

Pricey

earobinson
November 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM
sweet, now to try and start the trend!