PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] What language should I learn to hacking?

flaymond
October 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM
):PHello! Im a new Ubuntu user! I'm changing OS windows 7 to Ubuntu because people said that Unix OS (linux) is more powerful (i dont know what is it..but i can feel the speed of processing commands);) than the windows counterparts. Im learning C++ today (and somehow...it not that hard...) to learn hacking (for that i mean to testing securities )....actually....my serious problem about programming is...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO with programming language i learning....i found some articles that tell you what you can create with it. I still confused . im still a newbie...and English is not my primary language..anyone can explain what can i do after i learned C++? and what can i create or hack if i learned Java,Python.

The Cog
October 28th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I would suggest that you start with python. It's fairly easy to get into, and a lot of Linux/Ubuntu utilities are written in python, so you can start looking at those to see how things are done and get a feel for how to use loops, functions, objects etc.

Steven_Williams
October 28th, 2014, 04:49 PM
This would be a good read for you. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html Honestly you will probably want to avoid C or C++ initially. That is what I started with, but I didn't really understand what I was doing with it for a good 4 or 5 years, but part of that had to do with the fact I was playing with it in an on and off manner. With Python you will have access to abstract data types from the start in a way that is really easy to use. Avoid C++ unless you have a need to work with it. You can accomplish the same things in Python, and if you need performance you can do it in C in a clean fashion. I only use C++ to work with Qt as its convienent to use. If you get serious with programming, C will enable you to write faster functions for Python libraries, and a good portion of Unix utilities and libraries are written in C.

SagaciousKJB
October 31st, 2014, 10:23 AM
This would be a good read for you. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html Honestly you will probably want to avoid C or C++ initially. That is what I started with, but I didn't really understand what I was doing with it for a good 4 or 5 years, but part of that had to do with the fact I was playing with it in an on and off manner. With Python you will have access to abstract data types from the start in a way that is really easy to use. Avoid C++ unless you have a need to work with it. You can accomplish the same things in Python, and if you need performance you can do it in C in a clean fashion. I only use C++ to work with Qt as its convienent to use. If you get serious with programming, C will enable you to write faster functions for Python libraries, and a good portion of Unix utilities and libraries are written in C.

I couldn't agree more with you. C is a powerful programming language but it is not "user friendly" in the least. There are certain "high level" languages that will give you more functionality, sooner and without most of the nitty-gritty of C.

Think of it like this... Imagine if you built a car, from chassis to engine on up, part by part. Now imagine that you built EVERY part yourself, down to machining the carburators and filing out the cylynder shafts... Higher level languages are like builting a car part by part, lowever languages are like machinging the parts that you assemble together.

Lower and higher level describe basically how close the programming language is to the "machine". Basically, your processor accepts codes, maybe only a handful of commands, and through this is the base of alllllllllll of the programming functinos available to you. C is basically 1 step up from the "machine code", where there's basically an "English" or close-to-it interpretation of the machine codes that are required to make a program. Beyond that, it's designed so that you can use a "compiler" to translate it from the "English" to a wide array of various machine codes. Languages like python or java, are "higher" than C because instead of being translated from a psuedo-english code, they actually reference various functinos written in C, but in even simpler formats that give the user quicker access to more commonly needed functions.

To put it in another light... If you need a code that can crack a wide array of WiFi chip algorithims to hack into some wireless networks, C is the type of language you need to make such software. However, since such an operation is actually a somewhate "common" thing there are programs already made to help you with this, and you can use a "higher level" language to program what you need to do with them.

sushant4
November 6th, 2014, 03:56 AM
hey i also know any programming language so where do i start and what prgramming language i shall start

ofnuts
November 6th, 2014, 11:01 AM
If you read the other posts, you will find that their is some sort of consensus about starting with Python.