PDA

View Full Version : This was eye-opening to me, or was it just more affirmation. I think, both.

mikodo
October 27th, 2014, 11:51 PM
This and his remarks in the comments (http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1388), was surprising and eye-opening, to see the extent Mark is prepared to enter into dialogue, openly.

It also, gives me more insight, in why Mark does the things he does.

grahammechanical
October 28th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I do not know why Mark made that blog post. He has been quiet as a blogger over the last year or so. Something must have rattled his cage. I think posts like that invite comment that will come close to contravening the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

I learnt a long time ago that people in other countries had a different view of history to that taught to me as a child. It was a mind opener.

I once had a friend (English) who spent some time in Northern Ireland during the "Troubles." He said that each side expected you to be on their side. And if you were not, then you must surely be on the other side. There was no allowance for being neutral or for seeing both sides of the argument. That kind of attitude can be seen time and time again.

Regards.

Frogs Hair
October 28th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Closed - Politics